20 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by WaddyWasWideOpen
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   166  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

it still ponders me, how are 35K-40K(!) fans of whoever the Rams play at home any given sunday getting these tickets?

I do not believe the vast majority are being put on the market by Rams fans who purchased season tickets. And according to my Rams rep, for anyone new who wants to get STs, there are next to none available in the 100, 200 or 300 levels. Essentially "sold out".

So...who owns these tickets that are being sold every week to rando fans? If not Rams fans, then the Rams Org must have sold these seats/SSLs to ticket services. And not just local ones either, but those based in other cities.

What else could it be?

Ironically after every game the Rams want to know about the "overall experience". Well if they truly cared so much, they wouldnt have turned a Rams home game into feeling like a game played at a neutral location at best. Id rather the stadium be half full than to have to be surrounded by rando opp fans.

by ramsman34
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   9189  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

The “business” of the NFL. Owners care about money first, winning second, fan experience?? Well that includes all fans so they don’t care as much about Rams fans as they do about all fans and THAT total experience. I’m certain away fans love Sofi. A home away from home and the next best thing to being in GB, Pitt, SF, Philly for a “home” game.

by Ramsfan70
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1  
Undrafted Free Agent

I was at the game yesterday. I cannot believe the changes they made to the Plaza club area. They ruined the VIP part of it and breached our contracts. No matter how much you have paid anyone can come into the VIP area and the Rams totally violated the licensee agreement. Did anybody else experience this?

by St. Loser Fan
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   10670  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

WaddyWasWideOpen wrote:it still ponders me, how are 35K-40K(!) fans of whoever the Rams play at home any given sunday getting these tickets?

I do not believe the vast majority are being put on the market by Rams fans who purchased season tickets. And according to my Rams rep, for anyone new who wants to get STs, there are next to none available in the 100, 200 or 300 levels. Essentially "sold out".

So...who owns these tickets that are being sold every week to rando fans? If not Rams fans, then the Rams Org must have sold these seats/SSLs to ticket services. And not just local ones either, but those based in other cities.

What else could it be?

Ironically after every game the Rams want to know about the "overall experience". Well if they truly cared so much, they wouldnt have turned a Rams home game into feeling like a game played at a neutral location at best. Id rather the stadium be half full than to have to be surrounded by rando opp fans.

It's got to be brokers.

They'll never tell us, but I'd love to know the number of season tickets in actual fan hands and the number held by resellers who have no allegiance to the team.

by Mr. Sparkle
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   968  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I have said many times I would estimate about 50% of all seats are brokers. About 20% are of other fans (9ers, Seahawks, etc...) the rest are Rams fans. But I know plenty of people that are fans that always sell about half their games. So they essentially get paid to watch the other 4 or so games. Hard to argue with them for that. I normally sell one a season.

by Mr. Sparkle
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   968  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

And by the way, they really did try to not go to brokers when they were selling but its almost impossible to screen. And if not an official "broker" its a lot of people that bought them solely for an investment.

by T3rry
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   25  
Undrafted Free Agent

How many posts are we going to have on here (usually after a home loss) whining about the Sofi crowd?
Go to TicketMaster and check to see how many available tickets there are for any given home game. A SHIT TON.

I, for one, am most definitely not going to pay $300-$400 for 2 tix, $50 for parking --- $100-$150 for beers/food. All so we can shit the bed against a team we should likely beat.

On the flip side.... If I was a fan of an opposing team and lived OUT OF STATE... I would most definitely make vacation plans to come visit LA - hit the beach, see the sights and catch a game at one of the best stadiums in all of sports.

We didnt have a team in LA for a long time.... so there are fans of other teams that live in the area as well.
Also, if this team ever took care of business at home... I'm sure opposing fans would be less likely to visit. However, McVay loves to keep games close and has ZERO killer instinct out there...so even the shittiest of teams think they have a chance.

by St. Loser Fan
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   10670  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

T3rry wrote:I, for one, am most definitely not going to pay $300-$400 for 2 tix, $50 for parking --- $100-$150 for beers/food. All so we can shit the bed against a team we should likely beat.

That excuse is not allowed. You attend no matter what. Support your team.

by ziggy
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   609  
Veteran

In my completely inaccurate and unscientific survey of STM that I speak to... a lot of them are fair weather Rams fans. Some of them are NOT Rams fans at all (or they are Ram's "fans" until Raiders or KC roll into town.). Or they are pragmatists. If you're gonna charge me X dollars for seat license and X dollars for season tickets-- the only way I can make this work is to sell off 2-6 of the biggest games per year so I can afford these tickets.

And, because we're in LA and in beautiful SOFI, the price you can get for a Green Bay or 49er ticket can easily pay for half or at least a quarter of the season. That's hard to beat.

Finally, in my section-- there's definitely blocks (at least 10-20%) of seats where I've never met the STM because they're ALWAYS different people in those seats.

by WaddyWasWideOpen
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   166  
Rookie

T3rry wrote:How many posts are we going to have on here (usually after a home loss) whining about the Sofi crowd?
Go to TicketMaster and check to see how many available tickets there are for any given home game. A SHIT TON.

I, for one, am most definitely not going to pay $300-$400 for 2 tix, $50 for parking --- $100-$150 for beers/food. All so we can shit the bed against a team we should likely beat.

On the flip side.... If I was a fan of an opposing team and lived OUT OF STATE... I would most definitely make vacation plans to come visit LA - hit the beach, see the sights and catch a game at one of the best stadiums in all of sports.

We didnt have a team in LA for a long time.... so there are fans of other teams that live in the area as well.
Also, if this team ever took care of business at home... I'm sure opposing fans would be less likely to visit. However, McVay loves to keep games close and has ZERO killer instinct out there...so even the shittiest of teams think they have a chance.

you clearly dont get the question of the post

• 1 / 2
20 posts Oct 18 2024