United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Good start the hype was real. Verse favorite to win DROY

by snackdaddy
1 day 14 hours ago
 Total posts:   9816  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I was down on Fiske. Seemed like he's been invisible. Rarely heard his name called. But i failed to realize the things he does that my untrained eye doesn't notice. He gets a nice push up the middle and creates stress for the quarterback. Verse is an extremely talented player. Strong and athletic. But he's still raw. Tends to take bad angles and misses potential sacks. Once he gets that figured out I can see him being one of the league's dominant edge rushers.

by RAMMAN76
1 day 10 hours ago
 Total posts:   629  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

by Dare
1 day 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   230  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

Verse is much like Young was last year. He needs to change how he plays at this level just like Young needed to change. Young is coming into his own now in his second year. I see the same trajectory development wise with Verse.

In some ways, Fiske is ahead of Verse in that regard. He's a consummate DT who does the unsung dirty work and does it well. Don't think that has gone unnoticed by opposing OCs. These two guys have vindicated their draft spot, especially trading up to get Fiske. I like him better than the much celebrated, Byron Murphy of the Seahawks. He's a better fit in this scheme.

I've always contended that replacing Donald was a matter of replacing production and threat level and with these two they have done that. Both are good now but will both will only get better. Instead of game planning Donald, the OCs must now game plan Young, Turner, Verse and Fiske. Those 4 will become one of the best DLs in the NFL by the start of next year.

by safer
1 day 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   1311  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Verse has much more power to his rush than Young, who is faster. Verse needs to combine his bullrush (which is very good) with other moves once he engages with the LT. He will only get better!

by safer
1 day 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   1311  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Another quality about Verse. He fucks everything up when then run at, or try to run around him. It may not show up in the stats, but he is a f'n monster verses (get it?) the run. :shock2:

by Zen_Ronin
8 hours 26 minutes ago
 Total posts:   2118  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Holy shit! Imagine how disruptive he's going to be when he learns to finish.

by PARAM
8 hours 11 minutes ago
 Total posts:   12422  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

They really planned ahead with the AD situation. Kobie and Young in '23, Verse and Fiske in '24. Come to think of it they seemingly planned ahead with CK too. Puka and now the kid from Texas. Smart people running this franchise.

by ramsman34
2 hours 40 minutes ago
 Total posts:   9102  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

safer wrote:Verse has much more power to his rush than Young, who is faster. Verse needs to combine his bullrush (which is very good) with other moves once he engages with the LT. He will only get better!

He’s got a decent spin move and a dip and rip. But I feel ya. He needs all kinds of initial moves and counters. He doesn’t have a lot of counters that I have seen. Yet.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Sep 27 2024