40 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by PARAM
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   12460  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:Condescension doesn’t change anything, ace.

Neither does whining.

Or statements that have absolutely nothing to do with the present.

azramsfan93 wrote:Stafford has no guaranteed $$ after this year. What do think that means?

by ramsman34
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   9188  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Gents, you are both entitled to your opinion, and frankly your are both right.

Based on what we have seen it is hard to argue that we are not one of the worst teams in the league and the record reflects that.

However, we will be getting actual quality starters back over the next 2-6 weeks and that could change things.

We can be civil and disagree. Let’s not get too personal about it. We aren’t on the team. We are just fans, passionate and disappointed.

by PARAM
1 week 2 days ago
Hall of Fame

Green Bay had 10 possessions, prior to the final one when the game was O-V-E-R.

Three 3 and outs that ended with a punt and a 4 play possession late that ended in a punt.
They had one that ended on a pick 6.
They had 1....their 2nd possession of the game....that went 96 yards for a score.
They had 1 that ended with a FG.
They had a 14 play drive that ended in a punt.

And they had 2 other drives that ended in a TD....one that started on their 30 after a fumble and one that started near midfield after a pick. I don't believe the D played nearly as bad as some are saying. The offense sucked with 3 turnovers and we were still in the game on our last possession. How does that happen with a terrible defense? It doesn't.

Maybe that's a coherent take on things or maybe it's not. That's totally in the mind of the reader. But that's the way I saw it.

by Joe Pendleton
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   1956  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

whoah! i'd like to smoke some of whatever you are lol.. the game i saw was pathetic.. i've seen better tackling in a juco game.. the D coach has got to go, gimme a break this team absolutely sucks rn.. and yes, as the great Bill Parcells would say "you are what you're record says you are" - Peace & Love, Joe P

by norcalramfan
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   326  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Joe Coniglio, the OLB coach and a friend of McVay, can go back to Navy where he can coach some very fine men who will one day serve our great country but none of them will be going to the NFL. Byron Young has regressed, and Verse and Hoecht need to learn to set a freaking edge for gawd sakes.

Although the play ended a pick six.... what the hell was Young doing trying to bring Love down with a push tackle in the end zone. Wrap up and get a safety (yes Love forced it away and we got an INT but Young couldn't anticipate that).

This defense takes terrible angles and cannot wrap a ball carrier. Snead should have realized trying to assemble a team (either side of the ball) that can compete week in and week out is really tough to do with late round picks. You might get serviceable players but to hit on an impact player is tough to do consistently (Puka is the exception).

Bobby Brown 117th pick in draft.
Quinton Lake 211 pick in draft.
Hoecht UDFA
Reeder UDFA
Rosenboom UDFA who was waived and signed off the KC Chiefs practice squad.

I could go and on but you get the idea. Eff them picks did result in a SB win, but we're paying the piper now. Hoping Snead commits to building through the draft and does a much better job of spending FA dollars.

by ramsman34
1 week 2 days ago

PARAM wrote:Green Bay had 10 possessions, prior to the final one when the game was O-V-E-R.

Three 3 and outs that ended with a punt and a 4 play possession late that ended in a punt.
They had one that ended on a pick 6.
They had 1....their 2nd possession of the game....that went 96 yards for a score.
They had 1 that ended with a FG.
They had a 14 play drive that ended in a punt.

And they had 2 other drives that ended in a TD....one that started on their 30 after a fumble and one that started near midfield after a pick. I don't believe the D played nearly as bad as some are saying. The offense sucked with 3 turnovers and we were still in the game on our last possession. How does that happen with a terrible defense? It doesn't.

Maybe that's a coherent take on things or maybe it's not. That's totally in the mind of the reader. But that's the way I saw it.

You might be right. I watched on my phone which, sucked. I am hyper critical of the D. They made 5 massive mistakes - one of which was cumulative. The huge bomb in the first for a TD, the huge pass to the TE for - TD. The other pass to the TE for a TD, the 3rd and forever QB scramble to keep a scoring drive alive, the 8+ minute drive to start the 4th (cumulative). The pick 6 was a dumb play by Love. Bet he does they 1x out of 100. We got lucky. So be it. Rozeboom missed 3 tackles that I saw. I do like today’s secondary better than any other all year. But, we need more playmaking from our safeties and inside backers.

The offense did blow the game with turnovers and failed conversions. Stafford can overcome a shaky OL if he has all his savvy vet receiving weapons. He can overcome missing WRs if he has a stout OL. He can’t really overcome the deficiencies in both areas at the same time. Hence, 1-4.

I don’t know what the answers are per se as I’m not watching the amount a film the coaches/players are. The one thing that is working is the run game. Perhaps you really make some changes to your game plans that tap more into the run game - creatively - and then redesign the play action game off that???

by PARAM
1 week 2 days ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:The pick 6 was a dumb play by Love. Bet he does they 1x out of 100. We got lucky.

That wasn't luck. It was pressure. Same thing happened to Kyler in the 2021 playoff game. In the end zone, supreme pressure, trying to throw it away to avoid a safety. It's easy to say, "don't do that" but those 2 QBs are also expected to get rid of the ball in that situation. That's twice a Rams defense applying supreme pressure in the end zone got a pick 6.

by ramsman34
1 week 2 days ago

I have no complaints about the result. It was a great defensive play. And a stupid offensive one. The ball is everything. Eat it take the safety. Dont give up a chance at 6. Do you think this defense is good? Average? Below average, or hot steaming shit?
Stats are for losers Raheem says. He’s spot on. They are statistically at the bottom 1-5 in every meaningful category except pressures. Pressures. There an interesting stat. I’d love to see, pun intended, how many QBs made big plays against this D when “pressured”. I’d bet it’s fairly high. That speaks to a disconnected back end. That’s not good defense. That was a good defensive play, but all in all, they are not playing good team defense. Not to my eyes.

by bremillard
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   637  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

12% chance of making the "24 playoffs. Only one team is worse. A couple of others are tied with us.

by ramsman34
1 week 1 day ago

Last year that % was as low as 9% I believe. So, we just have to watch week by week to see when the get to 10 wins or 8 losses to determine their post season chances.

• 2 / 4
40 posts Oct 16 2024