14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by actionjack
3 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4342  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

18 games yikes, starters dont play preseason games so not sure why we are even talking about that. Two byes would be a must, but how will it work with Thursday night football. The way and tear on the players is concerning.

by majik
3 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   1219  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Maybe with an 18-game, two bye week schedule, they could have more teams play a Thursday game coming off one of their bye weeks. To be fair, both teams playing would have to be coming off bye weeks.

by actionjack
3 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   4342  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

BTW we all knew when they went to 17 games that 18 was the eventual goal. Doesnt make sense to have an unbalanced schedule. Again will the NFL do it right and give proper byes. If I am a player I say ok 18 games, 2 byes and no thursday night unless u had a bye previous week.

by Dare
3 months 10 hours ago
 Total posts:   240  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

Mulls my ass. They have had this on the table since before 17 games which was a compromise Teams only really need two preseason games if that. They get more from joint practices than preseason. Ultimately if they expand the NFL they will go to 20 games with no preseason. They sell as many or more tickets to practices for godsake.

They don't need to expand the rosters with more prima donnas, they can just freeup the PS retrictions, and give teams two bye weeks.

• 2 / 2
14 posts Oct 17 2024