618 posts
  • 62 / 62
 by BobCarl
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   4325  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

actionjack wrote:I dont think a great idea.
Not a great idea for me either, I'm not going to subscribe to every effing subscription service just to watch a game or two a year on that service. I already subscribe to a couple of them ... Amazon Prime being one of them. I'd rather do a pay per game.

For the NFL? Yes, it is a great idea. People will pay up. With 8K TV's and surround sound, professional announcers, etc ... the masses get a better NFl experience that going to a game.

Good fans with a keen appreciation for plays/routes/coverage etc get a better enjoyment of the game by being there live, TV can't capture these aspects.

NFL is a business, the real fans get fucked.

Anyone having season tickets should get all away games for free, no matter what service is broadcasting them.... might happen in the lifetime of my great great grand children ... but not my lifetime.

by rams74
1 week 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   1495  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Guess I won't be watching football on Christmas this year. I canceled Netflix a couple of years ago and discovered my life is fine without it.

It's not the Rams, so I'll survive.

by BobCarl
1 week 21 hours ago
 Total posts:   4325  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

rams74 wrote:It's not the Rams, so I'll survive.

Not even if someone gave you a subscription for Christmas?

by rams74
1 week 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   1495  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

BobCarl wrote:Not even if someone gave you a subscription for Christmas?

I'm pretty "meh" about those two AFC games anyway, so, I don't think so.

I've got better things to do on Christmas, like spending time with my family.

I might watch a few minutes of the Lakers game, whoever they end up playing. They won't put the Lakers game on Netflix.

by St. Loser Fan
1 week 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   10564  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I feel bad for the stadium workers.

If you work at Ford Field, Jerruh World, Staples Center etc you know your Thanksgiving or Christmas is hosed every year and that comes with the territory. But now with more games and random scheduling it will be more ruined holidays.

Maybe the Steelers stadium is a union shop so they possibly have something built into their contracts that gets them a higher pay.

• 62 / 62
618 posts May 23 2024