49 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by ramsww
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   477  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Elvis wrote:Fuller was starter, team captain and calling the defense (green dot) in his 2nd year (the super bowl year). But he got hurt in last game of season and the Rams ended up bringing in Weddle for the playoffs...

Thanks for the correction but I wasn’t all that impressed with his 2nd year. What were his stats? Can he be better? I recall he had some splash plays in his rookie year but did he get elected to the PB in 2021?

by Hacksaw
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I hate this thread 'title'. Super negative.

Well see if we're the worst at seasons end.

I doubt it.

F BSpn

by snackdaddy
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9708  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Looking at AZ, Hou, Chi, and the whole NFC south its hard to imagine the Rams having the worst roster. NE and LV don't look any better. Denver too. Washington looks like a sub .500 team to me. Probably Cleveland too.

I think people get too caught up with the draft grades when evaluating rosters. "They had a great draft so they're a good team now". Unless they drafted a can't miss quarterback a rookie class is not gonna make a team much better. I takes more than a year for these rookies to start playing like veterans.

by Elvis
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38892  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Mike Clay is pretty good and with so many young, unestablished players, so little experience, it's not crazy that they could end up ranked at the bottom going into the season.

I'm expecting a hell of a lot more than worst team in the league from the Rams this year and if that's the case, Sean McVay COY!

by PARAM
10 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12313  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Fuller was starter, team captain and calling the defense (green dot) in his 2nd year (the super bowl year). But he got hurt in last game of season and the Rams ended up bringing in Weddle for the playoffs...

I half wonder how many Rams games the guy watches!

by PARAM
10 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12313  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsww wrote:The curious thing about this defense of the S philosophy is the countless posts here slamming Rapp over the years, Fuller being M.I.A since his rookie yr, Lake & Yeast (meaningful playing time, did I miss those games?) and Weddle being signed late in one postseason. Scott was the ONLY rising star and he didn’t even enter 2022 as a starter. They all came cheap as has JJ III. Yeah I got that.

Rams Safties

2017 Johnson(rookie), Joyner
2018 Johnson, Joyner
2019 Weddle, Johnson, Rapp (rookie)
2020 Johnson, Fuller, Rapp
2021 Fuller, Rapp, Scott, Weddle (ps)
2022 Fuller (injured), Scott, Rapp, Yeast

I don't about you but I think the Rams have done pretty damn well with that position.

ramsww wrote:Thanks for the correction but I wasn’t all that impressed with his 2nd year. What were his stats? Can he be better? I recall he had some splash plays in his rookie year but did he get elected to the PB in 2021?

You weren't impressed? Okaaaay. Are you freaking serious? Fuller had 113 tackles in 2021 (team leader with 19 more than #2 Rapp). But you ask, "Can he be better?" How much better does he have to be? Then "did he make the pro bowl?" Come on dude. Get serious.

by ramsww
10 months 6 days ago
Starter

Hacksaw wrote:I hate this thread 'title'. Super negative.

Well see if we're the worst at seasons end.

I doubt it.

F BSpn

Hey, I was just relaying one ESPN egg-spurt’s opinion. I don’t remotely agree with it. Your heart can root for your team every week but the rubber meets the road when real money is on the table. We have holes to fill. Many said “wait for the draft”, “wait for free agency”, wait for the players to be coached up”, They will get better every week no doubt but nothing tells me any D platoon is ready at any level and the Oline s STILL a huge question mark. Got a couple weeks to get it together.

by Hacksaw
10 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BSPN = Rank

by /zn/
10 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   6807  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Rams Safties

2017 Johnson(rookie), Joyner
2018 Johnson, Joyner
2019 Weddle, Johnson, Rapp (rookie)
2020 Johnson, Fuller, Rapp
2021 Fuller, Rapp, Scott, Weddle (ps)
2022 Fuller (injured), Scott, Rapp, Yeast

I don't about you but I think the Rams have done pretty damn well with that position.

You weren't impressed? Okaaaay. Are you freaking serious? Fuller had 113 tackles in 2021 (team leader with 19 more than #2 Rapp). But you ask, "Can he be better?" How much better does he have to be? Then "did he make the pro bowl?" Come on dude. Get serious.

Not at all bad for a 6th round pick. Fuller was absolutely solid.

Did he make the pro bowl? Wait what's that sound....? Oh, right, that's the sound of goal posts moving.

by ramsww
10 months 6 days ago
Starter

/zn/ wrote:Not at all bad for a 6th round pick. Fuller was absolutely solid.

Did he make the pro bowl? Wait what's that sound....? Oh, right, that's the sound of goal posts moving.

If Fuller had 112 tackles in 2021 I stand corrected but it’s not always a great sign when your S in making that many tackles (excuse me while I move this goal post). We had a LOT of issues stopping the run in 2021 highlighted by the SB. Yes we won and (once again) that was all worth it but we haven’t had a great run on Safeties. No where near. When we face the 49ers they will have 6 Pro Bowl players on D, the Rams? One. Let’s hope their QB troubles continue.

• 4 / 5
49 posts Jun 24 2024