18 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I generally am happy when the Cowboys lose.

Along with the 49ers, Seahawks, Patriots and Vikings, they are among the teams for whom I have a historic dislike.

Right now, though, I have another reason.

If the Cowboys keep losing, Jason Garrett will likely be fired.

If Sean McVay were to decide he would like another offensive mind on his staff to collaborate with, Garrett could be an interesting choice. I think he and McVay (if egos can be put aside) could be very complimentary to one another.

File it under "crazy thoughts that AvengerRam comes up with from time to time," but... who knows?

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10576  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I generally am happy when the Cowboys lose.

Along with the 49ers, Seahawks, Patriots and Vikings, they are among the teams for whom I have a historic dislike.

Right now, though, I have another reason.

If the Cowboys keep losing, Jason Garrett will likely be fired.

If Sean McVay were to decide he would like another offensive mind on his staff to collaborate with, Garrett could be an interesting choice. I think he and McVay (if egos can be put aside) could be very complimentary to one another.

File it under "crazy thoughts that AvengerRam comes up with from time to time," but... who knows?

I like your thoughts, but I don’t see Garrett as the type that will take a coordinator position. Garrett just strikes me as the type who thinks he doesn’t have to step back and should only be a head coach.

by JackPMiller
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

The Cowboys don't bother me as much. The only time I worry about the Cowboys is when we play them, or if we need them to lose for a playoff spot, or some bye or something like that. I only want the Cowboys to lose on December 15th right now, & that is because we play them. For us to have a chance to make the playoffs, we need to go undefeated, and need the Vikings to lose.

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:The Cowboys don't bother me as much. The only time I worry about the Cowboys is when we play them, or if we need them to lose for a playoff spot, or some bye or something like that. I only want the Cowboys to lose on December 15th right now, & that is because we play them. For us to have a chance to make the playoffs, we need to go undefeated, and need the Vikings to lose.

Did you actually read the original post, or are you just responding to the thread title? :roll2:

by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I like your thoughts, but I don’t see Garrett as the type that will take a coordinator position. Garrett just strikes me as the type who thinks he doesn’t have to step back and should only be a head coach.

Perhaps, but I doubt he'll be on anyone's short list. If he takes an OC job and is perceived to have done well, he could get back in the HC conversation for 2021.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Did you actually read the original post, or are you just responding to the thread title? :roll2:

That's our Jack for ya.
Next thing you know, he'll start a thread suggesting Garrett as a possible OC candidate...
Lol

by Claremontram
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I'll be a stick in the mud, and say that I would like to see Mike Martz back here as OC.

We need a new scheme for our offense. Martz can deliver.

Of course, Goff might end up limping for the rest of his life....

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10576  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The one advantage with having the Great Wonderful and All Powerfull Stan Kroenke as the owner of the Rams is that he can pay Garrett head coach money to be a coordinator.

The question remains is what’s the bar for him to keep his job in Dallas? Just winning the division: or does he have to at least win a playoff game?

by rams74
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1500  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:Much rather have Jay Gruden

I agree completely. I wonder if Gruden would agree to a coordinator role without the play calling? What McVay really needs is a consultant, a sounding board, a guy with fresh eyes and plenty of ideas. Sounds like Gruden to me, and they already have a relationship.

• 1 / 2
18 posts Jun 17 2024