13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Wow. I wasn't expecting Gurley to be where he was on this list. No spoilers for those who haven't watched it. ;)

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

LT...31 TD in one season. Gurley was the best in the game last year and put up 21. Pretty amazing how productive LT was.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ladainian obviously lives in a cave....

- NFL Insiders Provide DISASTROUS Update On Todd Gurley’s Knee & Future.
- The Rams May Already Be Bracing for the End of the Todd Gurley Era
- Yes, you should be worried about Todd Gurley.
- The Todd Gurley Knee Injury Puts His Career in Jeopardy.

in other news, sounds like ladainian is echoing gaines' opinion, that gurley is the league's best rb.

by Elvis
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... efore-camp

Todd Gurley gives an update on knee before camp

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer
Published: July 10, 2019 at 07:43 a.m. Updated: July 10, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.

Any discussion about the Los Angeles Rams' 2019 outlook starts with a question about Todd Gurley's knee.

Just over a fortnight before training camp opens and we get daily updates on the knee injury that has fans, spectators, and fantasy footballers all scratching their heads over, Gurley gave a preview Tuesday night to NFL Network's Omar Ruiz at the Gatorade Player of the Year ceremony.

"It's good, man. It's good," Gurley said of his knee. "I'm just like, hey, we're going to find out in training camp, you know? Once training camp comes, you've got the preseason, but you don't have a lot in preseason."

Gurley sat out offseason workouts as the Rams managed his knee issue, which his trainer confirmed this summer includes an "arthritic component." As he indicated, the running back is likely not to do much in the preseason and could be brought along slowly in training camp. During the spring, coach Sean McVay repeatedly stiff-armed concerns about Gurley's workload, noting the running back was slimming down this offseason to handle the workload better.

For his part, Gurley said Tuesday night he doesn't plan to change his playing style to get through the season fresh.

"No, man," Gurley told Ruiz. "For me, I've been doing this my whole life, so it would be so hard for me to even try to change my style of play. That's not even me. I don't even know how to describe my game. I'm just going to keep doing what I can do until I can't do it no more. That's why we play this sport. But I've been feeling good. I'm definitely not going to change anything. I'm going to come with that same mindset like third-and-1, fourth-and-1, I'm gonna try to go get it. So I'm just excited. I know it's always been a lot of talk going on this whole offseason, so it's just like, hey, it's the offseason. That's what everything is supposed to be about: speculation and reporting. Once the season comes, you gonna see what happens."

It's not so much Gurley's playing style that might change in 2019, but rather the Rams' usage of the two-time first-team All-Pro. While coaches might insist at the start of camp that nothing's changed, the team's moves this offseason belie any statement of the sort. L.A. team brass matched an offer to restricted free agent Malcolm Brown, and used a third-round selection on Darrell Henderson, who many believe has the skillset to siphon a good chunk of Gurley's duties.

Since the Super Bowl ended, the Rams, McVay, and Gurley have insisted the running back's knee is fine. Observation and logic suggest lingering questions. We might finally have a better idea of the running back rotation during training camp, but the queries about Gurley won't dissipate until well into the regular season and until the running back proves he can make it through a complete season.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

nf.com wrote:During the spring, coach Sean McVay repeatedly stiff-armed concerns about Gurley's workload, noting the running back was slimming down this offseason to handle the workload better.

by Elvis
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... -sullivan/

Todd Gurley reflects on what he'll miss most about Saffold, Sullivan

By: Cameron DaSilva | 5 hours ago

Todd Gurley is really going to miss Rodger Saffold and John Sullivan.

The Los Angeles Rams opted not to bring back either offensive lineman this year, allowing Saffold to sign with the Titans in free agency and declining Sullivan’s option for 2019. Their departures have left gaping holes on the interior offensive line, holes which will likely be replaced by second-year players Joseph Noteboom and Brian Allen.

Gurley spent the last two years with Sullivan and each of his four years in the NFL with Saffold on the offensive line, so it’ll be quite the change up front. Both veteran linemen taught Gurley a lot, which he’s greatly appreciative for.

At the Gatorade Player of the Year awards on Tuesday, Gurley reflected on the losses of Saffold and Sullivan and what he’s going to miss about them not being around.

“Our off days together. It was cool, they taught me so much. To be able to be with Saffold my three times rushing for 1,000 yards and Sully to expand my brain and make me so much more knowledgeable as a running back and knowing defenses, being in the right position and protection. He taught me so much,” Gurley told Rams Wire in a phone interview. “And then to have a guy like Whit, it’s crazy, too. Very thankful for Sully and Rodger for everything they’ve done for me because I wouldn’t be anywhere without them.”

Gurley has a great personality and is always joking on the sideline and practice field, which he did plenty of with Saffold and Sullivan. It’s those light-hearted moments that he’s going to miss most.

“When we were joking, joking on everybody else, practicing and just chilling,” he said. “I’m gonna miss my boys. Kind of making me sad now.”

The Rams are very confident that Noteboom and Allen can step in as quality starters, showing promise as backups last season. Regardless of how well they play, though, there will be a noticeable void in the locker room, on the practice field and on Sundays with Saffold and Sullivan gone.

Gurley is clearly grateful to have played with both veterans the last few years and he’s not soon going to forget what they taught him.

• 1 / 2
13 posts Jun 17 2024