47 posts
  • 4 / 5

Will you be watching the Super Bowl this year?

Yes
67%
No
17%
Undecided
17%
 by moklerman
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:in 1982 the chargers and bengals combined for 1,100+ offensive yards as well, was the league broken back then too?
I don't recall the Chargers and Bengals playing the SB?

Or do you mean that a regular season game is the exact same thing as the SB and arguably the two best teams in the league?

The Patriots didn't even have Cooks or Edelmen and who knows how right Gronk was and they still put up more yards than ever? Offenses have too many advantages right now.

by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:You’re crazy
That was an incredible game

complainers reach for the oddest things to complain about, eh? just two seasons ago the two super bowl teams (broncos, panthers) combined for just 509 offensive yards in the big show, guess the league was broken then too...

by moklerman
6 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:complainers reach for the oddest things to complain about, eh? just two seasons ago the two super bowl teams (broncos, panthers) combined for just 509 offensive yards in the big show, guess the league was broken then too...
You can disagree with me but you don't get to speak for me. If you think that two teams that are far from spectacular on offense put up more yards in a single game EVER means things are balanced in the league then I don't know what to say.

This ridiculous Super Bowl isn't the only example of how the league has become very slanted in favor of the offenses. It just punctuates the problem.

by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I don't recall the Chargers and Bengals playing the SB?

Or do you mean that a regular season game is the exact same thing as the SB and arguably the two best teams in the league?

The Patriots didn't even have Cooks or Edelmen and who knows how right Gronk was and they still put up more yards than ever? Offenses have too many advantages right now.

oh, so it's the 1,100+ yards "in the super bowl" that has you feeling the league is broken, it's fine if teams combine for that kind of yardage during the regular season, that's not a symptom of a broken league? how about the 1987 super bowl, almost 30 years ago, those two teams combined for a whopping 929 offensive yards? that's ok, that makes sense, it's just when you get over 1,100 yards in the passing era, in the super bowl, that it becomes a prob?

by moklerman
6 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:oh, so it's the 1,100+ yards "in the super bowl" that has you feeling the league is broken, it's fine if teams combine for that kind of yardage during the regular season, that's not a symptom of a broken league? how about the 1987 super bowl, almost 30 years ago, those two teams combined for a whopping 929 offensive yards? that's ok, that makes sense, it's just when you get over 1,100 yards in the passing era, in the super bowl, that it becomes a prob?
Yes, when the two Super Bowl defense give up more yards in a game than any game in NFL history, it's a problem. This wasn't the 2007 Patriots vs. the 2013 Broncos.

by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:You can disagree with me but you don't get to speak for me. If you think that two teams that are far from spectacular on offense put up more yards in a single game EVER means things are balanced in the league then I don't know what to say.

This ridiculous Super Bowl isn't the only example of how the league has become very slanted in favor of the offenses. It just punctuates the problem.

:shock:

um it was the #1 and #3 scoring offenses playing, but it's surprising to you that they could put up points and yards? because they aren't "spectacular" offenses?

by moklerman
6 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote::shock:

um it was the #1 and #3 scoring offenses playing, but it's surprising to you that they could put up points and yards? because they aren't "spectacular" offenses?
Come on, A1. There was NO defense. It was ludicrous. Do you really think this Arena League level of football is what's best for the NFL?

by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Come on, A1. There was NO defense. It was ludicrous. Do you really think this Arena League level of football is what's best for the NFL?

so you would categorize the classic 1981 chargers/dolphins postseason slugfest as arena level football? 79 combined points, 1,000+ offensive yards, just another example of a broken league?

as i mentioned earlier, just two seasons ago the two super bowl teams combined for barely 500 offensive yards (509), less than half what they combined for tonight, were things fine and dandy in the nfl two years ago? the league wasn't broken then?

personally i like scoring, heading into the 4th quarter with the score 7-3 while having punted or turned the ball over on 9 of 12 possessions, as was the case in super bowl 42 (2007) which ended 17-14, isn't my cup of tea, albeit it was an exciting finish, as was the finish tonight, and last year, and...

anyway, maybe you can take solace in the fact that almost 25 years ago, the 1994 super bowl teams combined for more points than the 2017 super bowl teams, so all is not lost.

by dieterbrock
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Come on, A1. There was NO defense. It was ludicrous. Do you really think this Arena League level of football is what's best for the NFL?

Well i feel sorry for you. Looking at the game through such negative lenses caused you to miss an epic shoot out.

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Well i feel sorry for you. Looking at the game through such negative lenses caused you to miss an epic shoot out.

It was one of the best Super Bowls I’ve watched. So fun.

• 4 / 5
47 posts Jun 26 2024