12 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Horny Mcbae
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:As if I didn't like you enough already, now you're a Yankees fan too? Awesome!!
My 3 main sports "loves"/addictions are the Rams, Yankees and Notre Dame Football
Pa and I have been going back and forth on the Yankees for years, and sadly have never been to a game together YET. I know you're younger than us old farts but we still welcome all aboard the Yankee clipper.
My earliest sports memory was watching batting practice (kids used to get real close to the batting cages) and I yelled to Thurman Munson (my idol) to hit a home run for me, he threw me a wink. And he did HR(although I don't think it was for me in particular). I loved Thurman. I think mostly because Reggie Jackson was the "super star" and brought in all kinds of attention to the team, and dare I say "bandwagon" types... But Thurman was the man.
I have somewhat adopted the Dodgers as my NL team, mostly due to one of the greatest guys who left us for the big diamond in the sky. He was a huge Dodger dude and we always talked about how great a Dodgers/Yankees WS would be...

Hahha.....No you're awesome. I insist!!! :mrgreen2:

Holy shit. Thurmon Munson winked at you. Damn. Wow. Wow.

I grew up in a country where they didn't show baseball games that much and would only show the really famous and premier teams which was obviously the Yankees in the early 2000s and late 90s. I literally had no other team i could watch hence my Yankees fandom began. I used to wake up at 4am to watch the games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's loss to the crap White sox was very annoying to watch. Stupid errors cost us the game. Tanaka didn't pitch too badly to be honest. We just made silly mistakes and let a game go which we should have won. Frickin Rodon shut us out like he was apex Kershaw. WTF is up with these pitchers turning into aces against us while being garbage against most everyone else. Meh.

by PARAM
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12184  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Another bad loss tonight. They have to get on a 11 of 12 run starting tomorrow or they can let Judge take off until September 21st. Supposedly, Didi and Sanchez will be back Monday.

• 2 / 2
12 posts Mar 28 2024