403 posts
  • 30 / 41
 by Hacksaw
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

dieterbrock wrote:LeBron just got his kid in to some high school out in LA area I think.
I heard that for LJ to go to LA, they'd have to move Ball.

Yeah, Ball is in that deal. Not so sure I'd mind him being gone either.
The school thing is a compelling tea leaf. It might just mean they are planning to live here though. I can imagine his wife and kids wouldn't mind bailing on 'the mistake by the lake' for the warm so cal sunshine and no humidity.

snackdaddy wrote:Now that would be a formidable 3 guys. But CP3 seems to get hurt a little too much for my taste. If that would happen I couldn't help thinking about the Howard and Nash acquisitions. That one totally flopped.

The Lakers had a real bad run of luck there. The despicable NBA CP3 undoing, the death of Dr Buss, the 1 year rental of Howard at the expense of losing Bynum, losing (2) 1st round and (2) 2nd round picks for Nash who didn't play much, Odom pouting his way to Dallas for no compensation, Gasol being butt-hurt and Kobe getting older. A perfect storm which kept our Lakers irrelevant for a 1/2 decade.

snackdaddy wrote:If its all about one last shot at a ring for LBJ, I don't know if the Lakers could offer that as much as some other teams out there. They do have the money to pay him. But would LBJ and George be enough to get them over the hump with their current roster? I'm not so sure.

I have to agree that he may chose a different team than us with a better chance of beating Gentleman Jerry's Warriors.
Show him these Lakers playoff stats to help persuade him..

1.JPG

by Kid Charlamagne
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I know it’s the dog days sports wise but this is too much. Lebron’s plane was sighted landing in LA, lebron’s car was seen around town. Let me know when something actually happens. Every sports media outlet led with the “news” of LBJ’s opting out which surprised absolutely no one. Sure I want to know how this all plays out but this hysteria is over the top.

by dieterbrock
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Well, Paul George and/or Chris Paul won’t be joining LeBron in La
Man, the money in basketball.
CP scores a 4 year, 173 mill contract. Wow

by snackdaddy
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Well, Paul George and/or Chris Paul won’t be joining LeBron in La
Man, the money in basketball.
CP scores a 4 year, 173 mill contract. Wow

I guess basketball teams don't have as big a roster to spread the money around like football and baseball. That is some chunk of change.

by Elvis
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's the Kroenke effect...

• 30 / 41
403 posts Mar 29 2024