by PARAM
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12391  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

#1 Georgia lost to #3 Alabama
#4 Cincinnati won
#2 Michigan is up 14-3 at the half vs Iowa

Loved the Baylor-Oklahoma game. What a game. What an ending. Too bad for Oklahoma St. Coulda got in with a win, a Bama loss and a Michigan loss.

Notre Dame watching the B10 Championship. A loss by Michigan might get them in.

But should Michigan win, who's #1? Michigan or Alabama? And what would the playoff look like?

A:

#1 Michigan vs #4 Cincinnati.
#2 Alabama vs #3 Georgia.

Or
B:

Michigan vs Georgia
Alabama vs Cincinnati

IMHO, if Michigan wins they should be #1 and Georgia shouldn't drop more than 2 slots.
They should make Alabama face Georgia and Michigan play Cincinnati. If they make Alabama #1 they're assholes!! I could see Cincinnati #3.....and that would be the best way to "set up" the playoff if they don't want a Georgia/Alabama semi-final.....which they don't.

Can't wait till they make it a true playoff....8 teams...with a guaranteed slot for any power 5 conference champion with 2 losses or less.

Under that format it could be

(My top 8)

#1 Michigan vs #8 Wake Forest/Pitt
#2 Alabama vs #7 Ohio St.
#3 Cincinnat vs #6 Baylor
#4 Georgia vs #5 Notre Dame

Great matchups. Great possibilities.

What teams could argue?
Mississippi? They lost to 6 loss Auburn!!!
Oklahoma St.? They lost to Iowa St.!!!!
Utah? They had 3 losses.

by PARAM
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12391  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Here's how they are ranked after the conference championships have been played.....

#1 Alabama
#2 Michigan
#3 Georgia
#4 Cincinnati
#5 Notre Dame
#6 Ohio St.

I knew they'd manipulate things so the match ups favored high TV ratings for a hopeful Alabama/Georgia Championship Game. Should have been the other way around. Michigan earned their way to a better ranking. Ridiculous shit. I could see Cincinnati remaining at #4 though.

Yeah, Alabama is like an NFL team. So why did they lose to A & M?
Georgia has been the best team all year....until they played Alabama.
I wonder how the rankings, had they existed exactly how they were on Thursday, would have shaken out had the Bama/Georgia contest occurred the 3rd week of November?

How does a #3 team jump a #2 team who absolutely dominated their opponent in their Conference Championship Game. These guys on the ESPN College Football Playoff Selection Show are full of shit. This stinks of TV revenue desires.

Joey Galloway>>"People think they make these rankings to avoid certain matchups and that's just not true"...yeah okay. I would love to see another Georgia - Alabama matchup, not for the national title but to see who plays for the national title. But the money makers (read: the selection committee) can't stomach a Alabama/Michigan title game or a Cincinnati/Georgia championship game.

They are giving ultimate credit to Alabama for beating Georgia who was #1. Who did Georgia beat exactly?
Kentucky (9-3)? They lost to Mississippi St AND Tennessee!!
Tennessee (7-5)? They lost to Pitt but they were pretty good. A loss to Florida?
Clemson (9-3)? They lost to NC State and Pitt!
The only 'really strong' team they played beat their ass, big time.

The problem is over valuing the SEC. Sure it's the best conference. Because of the top teams. Sure the top of the SEC can match up against anybody in the country. But the mass of the SEC is over valued. IMHO, this year, top to bottom the Big Ten was much tougher. Michigan, Ohio St., Iowa, Penn St. and Michigan St.. It's going to be interesting to see some of those teams go up against SEC teams in bowl season. Usually the Big 10 does worse than the SEC in bowls but I can't wait to see if some of those are matched up head to head.

One game outside of the top 4 I'm interested in watching is the Rose Bowl. Ohio St. vs Utah.

• 1 / 1
2 posts Sep 07 2024