350 posts
  • 3 / 35
 by Horny Mcbae
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

I agree. Paxton is a good addition and aside from that I am not mad at them for doing what they did. The market just didn't have elite level pitchers available.

I think we should sign Ottavino as well. With the way our starting pitching is looking we will need the bull pen to carry us again.

Are you guys a little concerned that Manny hasn't been announced yet? I read that his agent is playing hard ball. The longer it takes the more chance he will NOT be a Yankee. At least that's the way I see it. Cash and Hal have been known to walk away from things these days. I am definitely uneasy. Although if we walk away I wouldn't be on suicide watch or anything because I believe in Didi + Future Andujar. My personal choice was Harper anyway.

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

River Avenue Blues claims that Ken Davidoff reports that the Yankees haven't offered Manny a formal contract yet. @dieterbrock Maybe your source is jumping the gun a bit.

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 5 months ago
Veteran

Horny Mcbae wrote:I agree. Paxton is a good addition and aside from that I am not mad at them for doing what they did. The market just didn't have elite level pitchers available.

I think we should sign Ottavino as well. With the way our starting pitching is looking we will need the bull pen to carry us again.

Are you guys a little concerned that Manny hasn't been announced yet? I read that his agent is playing hard ball. The longer it takes the more chance he will NOT be a Yankee. At least that's the way I see it. Cash and Hal have been known to walk away from things these days. I am definitely uneasy. Although if we walk away I wouldn't be on suicide watch or anything because I believe in Didi + Future Andujar. My personal choice was Harper anyway.

RAB also reported that the Yankees aren't really actively shopping Andujar. That could change if they sign Manny, but I'd just mix him into the DH rotation and play him, unless he fetches a guy like Kluber.

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elmgrovegnome wrote:River Avenue Blues claims that Ken Davidoff reports that the Yankees haven't offered Manny a formal contract yet. @dieterbrock Maybe your source is jumping the gun a bit.

Yeah, no matter what happens with Manny, my "source" was definitely way off. I'll take that as a lesson learned for sure. My bad on that....
Only way they entertain trading Andujar would be after they signed Manny.

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 5 months ago
Pro Bowl

Elmgrovegnome wrote:River Avenue Blues claims that Ken Davidoff reports that the Yankees haven't offered Manny a formal contract yet. @dieterbrock Maybe your source is jumping the gun a bit.

Wow...… this is unusual and kinda unsettling.

I wonder what game is being played right now. Not a peep about Harper from any team and we haven't even offered a contract to Manny.

I read somewhere that it was Manny's agent who was "barely engaging teams". So maybe the fact that we (or others) haven't offered is because the other side is barely engaged. Hmmmm.....

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 5 months ago
Veteran

And, the Yankees agreed to sign D.J. Lemahieu now. He is a very good second basemen and can play allover the infield. It's starting to seem like they are scoffing at Manny's contract demands. He supposedly wants 6 years and 300 million. Or in that neighborhood. This puts the Yankees up to $222 million. The cap is $206 million so even if they trade Grey, they won't reach the cap, especially since they need another reliever.

Forgot to add, D.J. will be making $24 million over two years.

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

With 1B Voit’s job to lose, the only LH bats the Yankees have are Gardner and Hicks. (Until Didi returns)
I like DJ as a role player and have no problem not trading for Machado since that means they are committed to Andujar at 3B.
But this lack of LH bats is very concerning to me.

Cough, cough, Harper....
Cough, cough

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 5 months ago
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:With 1B Voit’s job to lose, the only LH bats the Yankees have are Gardner and Hicks. (Until Didi returns)
I like DJ as a role player and have no problem not trading for Machado since that means they are committed to Andujar at 3B.
But this lack of LH bats is very concerning to me.

Cough, cough, Harper....
Cough, cough

I think its clear we don't give a shit about the righty lefty bats thing. Perhaps they have some analytics which devalue that. I don't know.

I don't know what to make of this DJ signing to be honest with you guys. Where do you see him playing. He is 2x gold glove at second base. Does that mean we move Gleyber to SS until Didi gets back and play DJ at 2B. Whats the long term plan? because I was certain it was to re-sign Didi. Did the injury change that?

I think we are 95% out on Machado now. All this is just hard to figure out to be honest with you.

Like the DJ deal...………… if its part of 2 or 3 subsequent moves (trades and signings) then it makes sense. But 24M to basically an in-field utility player? Basically a slightly better Neil Walker. I don't get it. I hope there are more moves coming.

Also Harper...………………. ohhh boy if Cash would surprise us with that. He's the player I wanted from the start.

I've been OK with not signing either at the beginning of the winter. I don't think they are MUST HAVE free agents this team needs. A top of the line pitcher is. So while i would be disappointed if we didn't sign either i wouldn't be mad about it.

• 3 / 35
350 posts Jun 17 2024