15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by moklerman
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw_64 wrote:The kids going to take his lumps, no doubt. He did make a money TD pass when when it mattered. Watch him play he's got ice water in his veins. I'd much rather have Rosen over Kessler. He would be killing it that Trojan offense. I can't wait till Kessler graduates... I won't go there now.

Fight on
Rosen's got a lot going for him, he just isn't as far along as he initially looked.

He looks like he could be the real deal and he's playing in an offense that will translate to the NFL IMO. By contrast, as much as I root for Kessler(from Bakersfield), he's in a very college-only offense. His accuracy, decision-making and discipline are all commendable but without the huge talent and depth advantage that USC has on most of it's opponents, I don't think he'd be of any note. Very John David Booty-esque in terms of size and potential. Which is NFL backup at best. I hope he does much more but I don't see him making it in, or even to, the next level.

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   39531  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I can't decide if Perkins reminds me of Isaiah Pead or Trung Candidate...

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Elvis wrote:I can't decide if Perkins reminds me of Isaiah Pead or Trung Candidate...

you stumped me. care to elaborate?

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

moklerman wrote:
Hacksaw_64 wrote:The kids going to take his lumps, no doubt. He did make a money TD pass when when it mattered. Watch him play he's got ice water in his veins. I'd much rather have Rosen over Kessler. He would be killing it that Trojan offense. I can't wait till Kessler graduates... I won't go there now.

Fight on
Rosen's got a lot going for him, he just isn't as far along as he initially looked.

He looks like he could be the real deal and he's playing in an offense that will translate to the NFL IMO. By contrast, as much as I root for Kessler(from Bakersfield), he's in a very college-only offense. His accuracy, decision-making and discipline are all commendable but without the huge talent and depth advantage that USC has on most of it's opponents, I don't think he'd be of any note. Very John David Booty-esque in terms of size and potential. Which is NFL backup at best. I hope he does much more but I don't see him making it in, or even to, the next level.

Kessler should be buying Adoree Jackson and JuJu Smith-Schuster dinner. Just Wow! The NFL has to be salivating over both of these guys. Coming out of H.S (Serra) I thought Adoree's crazy athleticism/speed would translate easier as an offense weapon first. I would have never guessed he would have been a LEGIT lock down corner the day he set foot on the field as a true freshman. Wouldn't surprise me to see him as a starting CB/returner and playing in some offensive packages on Sundays. It would be like having a smarter Tavon Austin with better hands, and btw can play corner. The only real limitation I see for him is his size at 5'11 185. Had a slight frame coming out of H.S. The guys hits and runs hard. Hopefully with strength and conditioning he can hold up. JuJu Smith-Schuster looks like exactly what I want starting in Horns for me tomorrow as our #1WR. Runs good routes,physical, size, speed, hands...Didn't expect him to be this good this fast. Please feel free to let me know if my eyes are deceiving me. They get awfully big watching this guy.

If only Rosen had the Trojans skill position talent..../shudder

Rosen was impressive vs. the Wildcats. Showed talent + composure = clutch.

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   39531  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw_64 wrote:
Elvis wrote:I can't decide if Perkins reminds me of Isaiah Pead or Trung Candidate...

you stumped me. care to elaborate?

#24, kind of weak but it was all i had...

• 2 / 2
15 posts Sep 16 2024