53 posts
  • 2 / 6
 by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4326  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

PARAM wrote:It's sad. Of course it's sad when a neighbor down the street dies suddenly in an accident. I remember when Thurman Munsen died in 1979. Tragic. Unbelievable. Shocking. It was the same when Jose Fernandez died in that speedboat accident. We expect our heroes to live forever, or at least as long as we do. But it's even more shocking when it's a Superstar but no more tragic.
I remember seeing Roberto Clemente play in the season before he died. His raw ability was incredible.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

I’m having trouble keeping it together since morning. It’s surreal. It’s like a family member died. I was out getting groceries and there were people huddled beneath a tv sobbing and holding each other.

I’m devastated. I’m shocked. Just a cruel reminder tell the ppl you love that you love them while you can. Live life while you can.

by Haden
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2143  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Feel incredibly bad for his wife and kids. His wife must be hurting so bad to lose both her husband and her child. Prayers for them.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Haden wrote:Feel incredibly bad for his wife and kids. His wife must be hurting so bad to lose both her husband and her child. Prayers for them.

And the other families affected by this terrible tragedy. 7 others perished, I can’t even imagine

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10576  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The list of Basketball Hall of Fame nominees get announced NBA All Star weekend, right? (Mid February in Chicago) Is the move to put Kobe right in without a vote?

Also, I was supposed to have a meeting this morning with two contractors from the LA area. I rescheduled it for tomorrow as one is a big Lakers fan and I know his head won’t be on work today.

by TomSlick
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

I think there were 9 people on board. Two 13 year old girls, both parents of the one 13 year old were also on board.

A 22 year old soldier in the Middle East, on his first tour, was also killed yesterday.

by BuiltRamTough
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Basketball is my first love. I grew up watching Kobe play and I only missed a few games of his. Amazing competitor and a great dude. So sad to see him gone at such a young age :/

by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4074  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Still in shock. I remember so clearly the day he was drafted and traded to the Lakers.

I grew up Laker fan, but eventually became a Kings fan as they came to Sacramento. Hard fought wars between those teams in the 2000's.

Hard to believe the Legend is gone. I know he had some much more to do in this life. Prayers for all the families affected.

• 2 / 6
53 posts Jun 17 2024