12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

To start, let me offer my thanks to all those who have participated in this weekly game.

Now, for my final crop of the year...

sbc.png

1. The Rams and Patriots have not met very many times in their histories. Can you identify this game from the pic?

2. Okay... there are two Rams in the crop. Both share last names with (though are unrelated to) current Rams. Who are they?

3. If you look at the Billboard singles chart for the year of this game, the No. 1 song at the end of the year has a title that describes a key addition to this year's Rams. What the heck am I talking about?

4. Hopefully, the No. 1 single from the February 3 that followed this game will also be applicable for the Rams. Again... what song am I referring to?

Good luck!

by PARAM
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12318  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

All I got is 1980 (Rams won 17-14)

Johnny Johnson, Hacksaw Reynolds

Starting Over (John Lennon) CJ Anderson

Celebration (Cool and the Gang)

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AvengerRam wrote:1. The Rams and Patriots have not met very many times in their histories. Can you identify this game from the pic?

Sunday Dec 11, 1983 @ Anaheim. Rams (8-7) 7 Patriots (8-7) 21

2. Okay... there are two Rams in the crop. Both share last names with (though are unrelated to) current Rams. Who are they?

1983 - #23 Henry Williams & #28 Mike Williams. 2018 - #27 Darious Williams
1983 (honorable mention) - # 81 David Hill & #72 Kent Hill. 2018 - #32 Troy Hill

3. If you look at the Billboard singles chart for the year of this game, the No. 1 song at the end of the year has a title that describes a key addition to this year's Rams. What the heck am I talking about?

"Maneater" by Hall & Oates = Ndamukong Suh

4. Hopefully, the No. 1 single from the February 3 that followed this game will also be applicable for the Rams. Again... what song am I referring to?

"Beat It", by Michael Jackson or "Maneater" again ?

Good luck!

Not sure if this is the right game because the Rams lost it.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago

,,,,, or is it ?
AvengerRam wrote:1. The Rams and Patriots have not met very many times in their histories. Can you identify this game from the pic?

Los Angeles Rams at Boston Patriots - November 16th, 1980 @ Schaefer Stadium
Rams 17 vs Patriots 14

1980 - # 27 Pat Thomas & # 33Jewerel Thomas. 2018 # 88 Mike Thomas
1980 - # 87 Drew Hill. 2108 - # 32 Troy Hill

CJ = Starting Over by John Lennon

"Rock With You" by MJ, or
"Do That To Me 1 More Time" by Cpt & Tennille.

Neither of which I get.

Good luck!

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:All I got is 1980 (Rams won 17-14)

NAILED IT!!!!!!

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago

PARAM wrote:All I got is 1980 (Rams won 17-14)

Nice work PA....

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago

AvengerRam wrote:4. Hopefully, the No. 1 single from the February 3 that followed this game will also be applicable for the Rams. Again... what song am I referring to?

This game of yours is a lot of fun. You do a great job with the crops and trivia. Looking forward to these next year.

btw

"Celebration" reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on February 7, 1981, and held that position for two weeks before being ousted by Dolly Parton's "9 to 5". It remains the band's only No. 1 hit.
By late 1980, the song had also reached No. 1 on both the Billboard Dance and R&B charts.

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:"Celebration" reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on February 7, 1981, and held that position for two weeks before being ousted by Dolly Parton's "9 to 5". It remains the band's only No. 1 hit.
By late 1980, the song had also reached No. 1 on both the Billboard Dance and R&B charts.

And, its been played at every wedding, Bar or Bat Mitzvah, Sweet 16, Quinceanera and anniversary party ever since!

• 1 / 2
12 posts Jul 03 2024