7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsfan1977
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Los Angeles Rams
On March 9, 2017, Woods was signed by the Los Angeles Rams to a five-year, $34 million contract that includes $15 million guaranteed

I cannot think of anyone of our Free Agent signings out-performing their contract more than Robert Woods. Great signing.

by phoenixrising
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Rams got a steal. Unfortunately I think that makes him more likely to eventually leave and I can't blame him. The Rams have already played their hand with the Brandin Cooks contract. I don't think they can afford to do the same by offering both Woods and Cooper Kupp high end contracts. I believe Kupp comes due a year earlier. I think they put their money on Kupp. But I could go either way. I would love to be able to keep Woods because I love watching him play and he's a class act.

by safer
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I hope the rams reach out to Robert a year early and offer to upgrade his contract to keep him here. We should have done that with Aaron and avoided a bunch of strife.

by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

kupp's health may have a say in things should he struggle with injuries next season, how sad would that be? as it stands, woods is only 1 year older than kupp and, altho he's missed some games here and there with injuries, has really emerged as a guy goff seems to love, especially on 3rd down... anyway, if kupp bounces back and shows no signs of being prone to injuries, i would like to see the rams do everything possible to keep all 3, including going with younger/cheaper defenders if need be.

by snackdaddy
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Woods is under contract through 2021. Kupp through 2020. Brandi Cooks through 2023. Todd Gurley through 2023. Including this season that's 3 seasons we will have 3 high caliber receivers and an elite running back. 4 seasons we will have two high caliber receivers and an elite running back. I'll worry about the contract stuff when the time comes. Things change from week to week in the NFL. I couldn't imagine what it will look like in 3 years. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of roster turnover by then.

by BobCarl
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

BuiltRamTough wrote:I would restructure his contract and pay him a lil more.

no disrespect to you, I love your posts. And I think Woods has been amazing for the Rams

But fuck a restructure, 3 years from now he might be a shell of himself. His peak might be over.

Wait until his prove-it-year and if he seems as if he has a lot of years left at that time, then offer him a multi-year deal.... but by then, he might be only worth a one-by-one year deal,

• 1 / 1
7 posts Mar 28 2024