15 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

They need two wins to clinch IF Seattle wins out. They could clinch Monday IF Seattle loses to Green Bay. There shouldn't be a let down because they still want home field throughout the postseason. And it would be impressive, not to mention historical that they clinch so early. But I don't know if Ram fans can really take such an event.

Like the weather these days that seems to go from hot summer, to extremely brief fall, to winter over the course of 3 or 4 weeks, the Rams seem to come with their own global warming effects. To go from Mr. .500/7-9 to clinching the division before Thanksgiving might cause some Ram fans to be in a daze. I wouldn't want to see somebody step off a moving bus or in front of one.

It's hard enough to wrap our minds around 20-6 under McVay. It's really 20-7 counting that loss to Atlanta last postseason. That .741 puts him at #2 on the Rams list of head coaches, just behind Adam Walsh (.750) and ahead of Chuck Knox I (.737), George Allen (.708) and Mike Martz (.609).

What's the line from that giddy song? "Happy Days are here again, the sky above is clear again..."

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Let's go Packers! Beat Seattle tonight!

by snackdaddy
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Funny what our expectations are now. Not too long ago it took till the next to last game and we were just happy to be in it. Now it feels like clinching the division is not enough. Home field in the playoffs is what we're expecting now. I feel like we will have a first round bye which is big. But I also want home field throughout the NFC playoffs. I think we can beat New Orleans with a better defensive effort. But I like our chances better in LA.

by Elvis
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

snackdaddy wrote:Funny what our expectations are now. Not too long ago it took till the next to last game and we were just happy to be in it. Now it feels like clinching the division is not enough. Home field in the playoffs is what we're expecting now. I feel like we will have a first round bye which is big. But I also want home field throughout the NFC playoffs. I think we can beat New Orleans with a better defensive effort. But I like our chances better in LA.

First place problems...

by HAL 9000
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:Funny what our expectations are now. Not too long ago it took till the next to last game and we were just happy to be in it. Now it feels like clinching the division is not enough. Home field in the playoffs is what we're expecting now. I feel like we will have a first round bye which is big. But I also want home field throughout the NFC playoffs. I think we can beat New Orleans with a better defensive effort. But I like our chances better in LA.

We've gone from doormat to Superbowl or bust in two seasons.

by snackdaddy
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

HAL 9000 wrote:We've gone from doormat to Superbowl or bust in two seasons.

Its been quite the turnaround. New Orleans is our biggest challenge. When I say I like our chances better in LA its not because we play better there. Our offense can play anywhere. The Saints are just much better at home. Their offense seems to gel better there.

by HAL 9000
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:The Saints are just much better at home.

Good point. It's not that the Rams can't beat any team on the road but it's more that the other team just plays better at home.

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

The division is done and dusted. What i am focusing on from now is home field. It is absolutely crucial because we will have to go through the Saints to get to the promised land.

As much as i would love but it will be extremely difficult to go to that dome again and win. Their home field is too big an advantage for them. At the Coli............ i think we have more than a good chance.

Saints schedule rest of the way.

Eagles @ Saints
Falcons @ Saints

Saints @ Cowboys
Saints @ Buccs
Saints @ Panthers

Steelers @ Saints
Panthers @ Saints

Not looking good for us. Especially if those last 2 games won't mean anything to their opponents. Hoping the Panthers beat them in Carolina and maybe some FitzMagic!!

by dieterbrock
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Probably need 3 more wins to ensure a 1st round bye.
Amazing that we are having these discussions after a decade of starting "Draft Talk" in October

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Our last Playoff victory was in Seattle at ol' Qwest Field. I was there watching the heroics of Marc GutsyIrish Bulger, Tom DasWarrior Nutten, Pisa WonkyShoulder Tinoisomoa, Torry BigGame Holt, Reverend Isaac Bruce, Marshall,Marshall,Marshall Faulk, Tommy Madden'sFave Polley, et al knocking off Mike IAmTheWalrus! Holmgren's Seahawks 27-20.

The injured Tom Nutten wasn't supposed to play that day....Tom Courageous Nutten got carried off the battlefield on his shield in the 4th Quarter.....like a fallen Spartan at Thermopylae. :(
I'll never forget that!

Big back-breaker play Mike OffensiveEinstein Martz foisted on Shehawks? Student Body left and then, there's Shaun OurSmurfThen McDonald.....ALL ALONE on the right for that late-in-the-game, crowd-hushing, huge gain that led to the game-winning TD pass from Bulger to Sedro Woolley WA native (& backup Ram TE) Cam FishhookFingers Cleeland who snagged Marc's fastball in traffic. 8-)

Seattle QB Matt Hasselbeck had over 2 minutes to come back and tie the game and damm near did.....but Seahawk WR Bobby ButterFingers Engram dropped the hogbladder....low, but catchable....in Los Ramos End Zone!!! :P

Man alive.....we beat the SheHawks 3 times that season!!! 8-) .....and that capacity Seattle Crowd that day at Qwest Field, that hadn't tasted a NFL Playoff Victory since the Reagan Administration, when Chuck Knox's guys upset Don Shula's Dolphins.....they were so loud, I started to feel like I got tele-ported back to 1933 Nuremburg!!! :shock2:

What's my point you may ask?

That day...
when our plucky Rams upset Seattle...
to become the first ever 8-8 WildCard Team to ever win a road Playoff Game....

WAS NEARLY 14 YEARS AGO!!!!! :o :arrow2: :shock2: :arrow2: :oops2:

F-O-U-R-T-E-E-N Y-E-A-R-S !!!!!!!!!! :shock2:
....that's a long time sportsfans!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Ask the Italians how long 14 years is......
in 1945 the Nazis still occupied half the peninsula up till V-E Day, and partisans were shooting Mussolini sympathizers dead in the streets till 1946......
14 years later, Rome hosted the world for the 1960 Summer Olympic Games!!! :shock2:

• 1 / 2
15 posts Mar 28 2024