by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

x01.jpg

x02.jpg

x03.jpg

- really wanted to meet the rfu clan but got a late start which prevented us from hitting the tailgate, alas, next time!

- coliseum was absolutely packed, probably the best home field advantage crowd for a rams game i've ever experienced... we sat on the visitor's side, 50-yard-line, lots of seattle fans clad in 12th man and player jerseys, but the home crowd drowned them out, all of the rams fans in our section were really into it, and the seattle fans were all well behaved.

- hey, guess what, the defense looks just as crappy in person as it does on tv! seattle's first two drives of the game were a sight to behold, 11 stiffs from the stands could have put up a better fight, it was flat-out shocking... even more shocking was how quickly and far the ball can move when back-to-back 15-yard penalties and an 18-yard gainer are strung together... shit, i thought they were going to spot the ball on exposition drive before it was all said and done.

- fortunately the defense stiffened for a spell, giving hope, by forcing 3 punts after the two easy tds to start the game, including two 3 & outs, to close out the first half... but the hope was short-lived as the defense promptly coughed up 10 points on seattle's first 2 drives of the second half, and then let seattle march down the field, almost uncontested, to make it a 31-36 late in the game, with 2 minutes remaining and all of their time-outs intact, argh.

- the 4th quarter strip-sack by fowler setting the rams up at the seahawks 9, which the rams quickly converted into a td and a 36-24 lead, was the only reason the game wasn't an epic fail for the defense imo, that and peters' solid showing in coverage.

- kupp's injury was so weird, a failed play that he couldn't have been farther away from, resulting in him just laying on the coliseum turf as rams personnel started to crowd around him, then a collective groan from our section as it became clear it was kupp... even tho he wasn't carted off, everyone felt sure it was very serious, probably season-ending, major bummer.

- donald had a chip on his shoulder all game, started early, opening drive, he mixed it up with ifedi who surprisingly held his own, then, on the same drive, after seattle's first td, after the extra point kick, they were at it again, this time ifedi threw donald to the ground... then, late in the 4th, sweezy and donald got into it, which started when sweezy came to britt's defense on the cheap shot britt delivered while donald was running out of bounds, lots of mixing it up was going on along the interior lines when seattle had the ball.

- is there a bigger rams cheerleader than hekker? the guy is awesome, always so amped.

- watching the rams offense is a drug, you just need more and more, and when the rams defense is on the field you just start to twitch, until you can get your next rams offensive fix... goff looked very sharp, missed two passes all day by my count, tough as nails, the deep middle of the field routes are so fun to watch, and seem to be there again and again and again.

- the "ferargamo's" have officially grown on me, they look fantastic under the california sun, before i could take them or leave them, preferred the white horns, but that seems to be changing for me.

- i thought the rams had 2 male cheerleaders, only say one - thought it was kind of interesting that he was the only cheerleader not using pom poms, what's goin' on there?

- the female cheerleaders in camo, very nice look, gulp.

- still not sure how cooks came down with that deep sideline grab.

- questions: a) if the rams have the ball on the final drive but fail to score, and lose the game 48-52, will it be goff's fault, will the prob be the rams don't have a comeback qb? b) if the rams hold on to win a 52-50 game, will the defense be applauded for coming through when it counts?

- impressed by how many fans stayed until the end... i've been to very close rams (and l.a. raiders) games in the past, before the st. louis move, and the stadium always seemed to pretty much empty out halfway through the 4th, regardless of the score!

- hard to believe that the perimeter of the coliseum, the walkway just outside of the seating, is legal... the crush of humanity that fills that loop is staggering, i can't even imagine what it would look like during an emergency, yikes!

- uber, what a godsend.... took uber everywhere, just a great time, great drivers... on our final uber trip, from the hotel to lax, i asked the driver if it would be possible to swing by the the new stadium construction site, his eyes lit up and he said "hell yeah, i live in inglewood, and we can stop at a taco truck too if you're hungry, i know the best one!"... so he took us through compton, south central, told us about all of the turf different gangs used to control, and how much better (in terms of crime) the entire area had become, never got on a freeway, instead it turned into a private sight seeing tour hosted by one of he nicest guys in l.a., "geraldo" or "jerry" to his friends... grabbed some tacos and then went to stadium construction site, impressive as hell, and absolutely enormous, seeing the giant cranes alone is worth the price of admission!

- just an awesome time, so glad we went!

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Yep! Son's a surfer. He certainly looks the part. :grinning:

I agree with your sentiments on the Feragamo's. I was sold on the whites, but the more I see the yellows the more I like them.

I stayed till the end for once. Don't think I'll do that again for the reasons you mentioned. It was ridiculous.

by LARams_1963
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

Great report Brotha! Glad to hear the Rams faithful was representing so well on the visitors side. I'm a big fan of the Royal and yellow. It embodies the era I grew up with in the 70's. As far as "Staying to the end"? I'm all in. Back in the 80's I would run out mid 4th QT at the Big A. Yeah... I got home 30 mins quicker. Now? At the end of the day I'm home by 6:30pm if I wait till the games over....plus...waiting in the lot to have a bon voyage libation. Morale is...Quicker isn't always better. I'm enjoying the WHOLE gameday experience :)

by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12181  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Aeneas1 wrote:watching the rams offense is a drug, you just need more and more, and when the rams defense is on the field you just start to twitch, until you can get your next rams offensive fix

Lmao!!

aeneas1 wrote:- questions:
a) if the rams have the ball on the final drive but fail to score, and lose the game 48-52, will it be goff's fault, will the prob be the rams don't have a comeback qb?
b) if the rams hold on to win a 52-50 game, will the defense be applauded for coming through when it counts?

a.) Yes (unfortunately)
b.) Yes

What's not surprising is if you look at the all time leaders in 4th quarter comebacks and you'll see, most rarely had the benefit of an above average defense on their side. Manning, Marino, Brees.....

on our final uber trip, from the hotel to lax, i asked the driver if it would be possible to swing by the the new stadium construction site, his eyes lit up and he said "hell yeah, i live in inglewood, and we can stop at a taco truck too if you're hungry, i know the best one!"... so he took us through compton, south central, told us about all of the turf different gangs used to control, and how much better (in terms of crime) the entire area had become, never got on a freeway, instead it turned into a private sight seeing tour hosted by one of he nicest guys in l.a., "geraldo" or "jerry" to his friends... grabbed some tacos and then went to stadium construction site, impressive as hell, and absolutely enormous, seeing the cranes alone are worth the price of admission!

What a great trip!!! Phenominal tour and an important win.

by dieterbrock
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Great stuff man. Sounds like an awesome time.
I’ve got to get out there for a game....

by Elvis
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Good stuff, sorry we didn't get to meet up, though might have been a little awkward as i was wearing the same shirt as your son.

Did you take any pictures in Inglewood of the new digs? I've been meaning to head down there myself just to get a look at how big those cranes actually are in person...

by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Yep! Son's a surfer. He certainly looks the part. :grinning:

I agree with your sentiments on the Feragamo's. I was sold on the whites, but the more I see the yellows the more I like them.

I stayed till the end for once. Don't think I'll do that again for the reasons you mentioned. It was ridiculous.

ha ha, my kid is a sweetheart, not a football fan in the least, but gets a kick out of going to rams games with me because he gets a kick out of what an idiot i become when the topic becomes rams football, ha ha.... this time around tho he did say that he finally gets why so many folks are into nfl football, he really appreciated the home team camaraderie that he experienced at the game, all of the tailgating tents (he was just as bummed that we missed the rfu tailgate as i was), everyone clad in rams colors, all of the home team cheering, he was into it, and actually wore his rams/rfu gear with pride, after first rolling his eyes when i handed it to him before we left for l.a., ha ha...

• 1 / 1
7 posts Mar 28 2024