1 post
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

peters had arguably his best game as a ram against the hags and, outside of the pass interference flag he drew on his pick, was solid in coverage imo... wilson and the hags went at peters early, with the first shot coming on the opening drive, a deep pass on 3rd & 8, which peters blanketed, unfortunately the drive was extended by littleton's roughing the passer call (at first i thought it was a bad call, but after watching the replay on the 22 it was just a bonehead move by cl).

i have to say tho, the rams dbs suck in run support, especially the corners, including peters, which has contributed to their run defense woes imo... tru may not have been the best corner in rams history, but he wasn't shy about taking on backs, playing run defense... watching the rams corners this year it's as if they think their job is done if the guy they're covering isn't targeted - rarely do you see a rams corner dart towards the los when it's clearly a run, instead they continue to hang back with the guy they were covering... this is especially frustrating when the wr runs a lazy, half-ass route at half speed knowing he's not a target on the play while, more often than not, rams corners take it as a free play, a play they can take off.

speaking of peters, after the game we went back to the hotel to change before heading out to a show - as we walked through the lobby i saw 4 guys sitting in the lounge area, one was peters, i didn't recognize the other 3 guys... peters was the alpha of the group, looked so young, all smiles, and i said "nice game" to him as i walked by... he looked our way, saw my son still wearing his rams cap, and said "thank you, and thanks for coming to the game ", seemed like a very nice, personable guy...

• 1 / 1
1 post Mar 29 2024