5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Week 11: Chiefs @Rams on Monday, Nov 19th at 5:25 pm PST on ESPN

Rams: 9-1, 1st in the NFCW
Chiefs: 9-1, 1st in the AFCW
Rams lost to the Saints, and Chiefs lost to the Pats

Two of the highest scoring offenses face each other on Monday Night Football (now in LA) - both hoping to show they are the better team and both having rather suspect defenses.

If the Rams win this week and the Hawks lose to the Packers on TNF, Rams will have secured the Division Win.

Go Rams!

Betting Line - (adjusted for the move to LA) -
Rams are favored by 3.5 with a 63.5 O/U
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml

Injury report - Updated in thread.
Rams are down Kupp
Chiefs are healthy

——

Opposing Team Fan Boards

Chatty bunch!! Chief fans are very confident.

Chiefs Planet - The Lounge
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Let’s Talk about the Rams
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318706

Go Rams!
8-) 8-) 8-)

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

In light of the short-notice home game, the Rams have hired a temporary promotions manager:

party.jpg

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

I wonder if we decide to come back home to practice or stay in Colo Springs. Especially because for some players and coaches their homes are still off limits.

I would think they'll come home and practice here. This whole thing had to have messed up the preparation for a very explosive team. And losing perhaps our most important receiver in the process too. Gonna be an uphill battle on Monday night.

by RedAlice
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Per Vinny, they are going to keep to the planned practice schedule in Colorado Springs.

Makes sense not to disrupt the schedule further, plus - is their practice facility here even usable again yet?

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:Per Vinny, they are going to keep to the planned practice schedule in Colorado Springs.

Makes sense not to disrupt the schedule further, plus - is their practice facility here even usable again yet?

Makes sense. Not to disrupt an already disruptive week.

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

QFTOS: Chefs Pre Game Edition.

Viva Mexico!

CHIEFS GAME MOVED TO LA!
NFL officials just confirmed as well. So much for training in Denver, Coach McVay. :lol2:

If true, thank God.
Finally, some common sense from the N$F$L . . . . . .

Great so we can get screwed by the refs now

What about those that already paid for flights and hotels in MC?

I bet we lose - sorry - I hope not - but definitely don't feel as good about the game now. Oh well

Dude, the stadium will be at least HALF red.

Well that kinda sucks.
I was hoping for that neutral site road game.

The Chargers game was 75% kc right ?

Rams don't have any sort of home field advantage, and in fact I'd wager that there will be more Chiefs fans there

What's hilarious is that the Rams have wasted 2 days of travel by going to Colorado to get acclimated to the altitude

Maybe they went to the Figure Skating Hall of Fame while they were there

I was hoping for that neutral site road game.

You are still getting one.

I don't expect that margin at this point in the season with the Rams, especially considering their record and the hype. But still, LA is LA. I don't foresee Mahomes having any trouble being heard calling plays.

It will be closer to a home game than an away game.

Interesting that Reid said he didn't care about the altitude, maybe he knew about this all along?

We've been acclimating to sea level for 2 days now. Great call Andy!

ESPN reporting that the Lambs are not returning to LA from Colorado Springs until Saturday.
That can't be right unless they are staying in Colorado Springs to avoid the wildfire issues?

NFL going to get that wall funded.

Another reason to just get that damn wall built

Rams will be emotional for this game and try to win it for the fans. Rams are giving out tickets to LA first responders/ firefighters as well as people affected.
We need to be on our A game for this one.

It won't be a home game (for us). That's the Chargers. The Rams play in a different stadium and many will attend this game.

This was their home game all along. Now they just get to play it at home. NFL brilliance.

scores and odds has had -2.5 from the get go in Mexico City.
Now that the game has moved it opened at -4 has gone as low as -3 and currently shows -3.5

looks like we are going to dodge talib

I'm not overly worried - their defense looked more porous than Rocky Dennis in Mask.

Interior line has to be stout in this one, the Saints were able to move the ball so easily because Suh and Donald were mostly taken care of with the OL.
The biggest issue will of course be can the defense do anything because the Saints managed to turn the Rams into a passing team.

Penalties
Chiefs 92
Rams 46

Turnovers
Rams +7
Chiefs +5

Defensive Coordinators

Chiefs =Sutton
Rams=Wade Phillips

We'll beat ourselves

The Rams 'over the top' help is garbage, their safeties may literally be worse than KC's.

This is our statement game. We lose to the Rams after losing to NE we'll be paper tigers.

Talib saw the writing on the wall and GTFO of Denver. He wants nothing to do with Mahomes

Somebody even want to bother to tell me how you stop Gurley?
I expect Sutton will drop everyone to slow down Goff and Gurley will give us the good ol’ Leveon Bell treatment.

Pat is going to whip it out and Molly Whop their defense.
I'm more afraid of golden retriever puppies than Goff. Little, fluffy, waggy, golden retriever puppies. Gurley will be nothing more than a receiver come the 3rd quarter.

Our defense still stinks bad. Forget stoppping them, it wont happen. Just hope you get the ball last and have a shot for the win.

We'll play pure bend don't break. They'll move down the field easily so it comes down to if we hold them to field goals or touchdowns.

They live off of running the ball and using hard PA to get Goff clean pockets and easy throws. I’d send lots of pressure knowing that I’m not going to stop them much either way, but maybe you get some TFLs or big sacks/INTs that way.

The ram defense is good enough to get a few stops.
Our defense will give up 6 TD's. Their punter might not as well suit up.

We need to jump out to a big lead to take to Gurley out of the running game early.

We can put up plenty of points on them IMO. Question is will KC be able to make a few big plays on defense or special teams.

We own the Lambs and will dominate them again.

Sports Media really seems to be stroking on Goff's knob, but I think they are blowing smoke up everybody's ass. What real adversity has he faced? Has he ever came back from a deficit like Mahomes has?

He survived a rookie year having to play for Jeff Fisher. I’d say that counts.

I've never been so unafraid of a team in my life.

So the Rams had to sweat out a last second victory at home against a .500 ball club that is Russell Wilson and nothing else.
Color me not afraid.

Here's what's scary about the Rams:
Donald and Suh vs. our patchwork interior line.
Gurley vs. our shit run defense.

I'm guessing this is a loss - which is fine, you're gonna drop 2 or 3 games along the way even if you're a great team.
They are the best team in the league on offense and we're one of the worst on defense. They have balance on offense, they're a top team both running and passing, so we aren't going to solve their offense with scheme.

Kupp is a badass and without him it’s gonna allow KC to roll coverages towards Brandin Cooks.

Robert Woods is pretty good too. They have a ton of weapons. Even if Gurley went down, they also have Malcolm Brown who is pretty damn capable in his own right

Let's Butt**** the Rams.

We are going to smoke these clowns.

we WILL win!!!!!!!!!!

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Some of those comments are pretty silly.

Both teams have a ton of firepower and the ability to score points.
Both teams have given up a ton of yards and points this year.

Its going to come down to mistakes/big plays.

My score prediction:

Rams 38
Chiefs 33

by RedAlice
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

From reading thru their site, it seems we are more knowledgeable about their team than they are about the Rams.

There was even a comment about us having to play the Saints twice a year!

Other than knowing they need to stop Gurley, and that Kupp being out is bad - they don’t seem to know much.

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Kupp is a badass and without him it’s gonna allow KC to roll coverages towards Brandin Cooks.

Man that is some interesting coaching and I like it.

Reynolds will be wide open all night long! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

GO RAMS!!!

• 1 / 12
112 posts Mar 28 2024