54 posts
  • 3 / 6
 by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12186  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Flash wrote:While watching the Eagles game last Sunday I was thinking we drafted the right QB.

Last 25 games:

Goff (20-5) 523 of 809 (64.6%) for 6938 yds (8.58 yds/att) with 50 TDs and 13 Ints for a QB rating of 105.6. He's got a 6.2 TD% and a 1.6 Int%

Wentz (16-9) 586 of 924 (63.4%) for 6633 yds (7.18 yds/att) with 53 TDs and 16 Ints for a QB rating of 96.7. He's got a 5.7 TD% and a 1.7 Int%.

It's close but I like our guy.

by /zn/
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:There was a time everyone said Prescott was the best quarterback in that draft.

Year 3 and its clear we got the right guy.

Yep right guy. If anyone doubts it at this point, they are in an alternative universe.

But not "everyone" said Prescott was better. Or even Wentz. Some of us were in Goff's corner all along, draft to now.

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Last 10 games

Goff: Rec, 9-1-0 - Cmp, 227 - Att, 332 - Cmp%, 68.4 - Yds, 3134 - TD, 22 - TD%, 6.6 - Int, 6 - Int%, 1.8 - Lng, 70 - Y/A, 9.4 - Y/C, 13.8 - Y/G, 313.4 - Rate, 113.0 - QBR, 75.9

Wentz: Rec, 3-4-0 - Cmp, 191 - Att, 269 - Cmp%, 71.0 - Yds, 2148 - TD, 15 - TD%, 5.6 - Int, 3 - Int%, 1.1 - Lng, 58 - Y/A, 8.0 - Y/C, 11.2 - Y/G, 306.9 - Rate, 108.5 - QBR, 68.0

Wentz played 3 less games. Comp % and int's are the only categories he surpasses Goff. Still overall, both are solid.
The big difference now is that Goff is no longer considered a bum.

by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12186  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:But not "everyone" said Prescott was better. Or even Wentz. Some of us were in Goff's corner all along, draft to now.

It would seem your memory is a bit cloudy.....

zn wrote:I got nothin against Goff.

I would prefer Wentz though.

If they choose Goff, I would be mildly disappointed in a relative sort of way but I would not view it as a mistake.

This is not Manning v. Leaf. It's more like Roethlisberger v. Ryan, or something like that.

Certainly doesn't look or sound like "being in Goff's corner all along". Or am I misreading something?

by dieterbrock
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Everett was a franchise QB, elite for a while
Warner was a franchise QB, elite twice surrounding a rough patch
Bulger was a franchise QB, elite also, maybe longer than Everett but less than Warner
Goff is a franchise QB who is also elite.

FWIW, he's the first Ram QB with back to back 3,000 yard seasons since Bulger (2003-04).

The last two seasons (season and a half) he's 523 of 809 (64.6%) for 6938 yds (8.58 yds/att) with 50 TDs and 13 Ints for a QB rating of 105.6. His team is 20-5 in games he's started. He's got a 6.2 TD% and a 1.6 Int%. Those numbers scream elite.

by rams74
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1460  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

To be honest, I don't know how anybody can say that Kurt Warner was not a franchise quarterback. He's the only QB in franchise history to win a Super Bowl, and he's the single most obvious reason they won it. If not for Az Hakim, he might very well have taken the Rams to 3 Super Bowls in a row.

I realize that "franchise QB" is an eye-of-the-beholder thing, so I won't belabor the point.

Anyway, I would also add Roman Gabriel to the list of Rams' franchise quarterbacks.

I'd be inclined to include Waterfield and/or Van Brocklin, but I wasn't around to see them and I've always been a bit confused over two star QBs being on the same team. How could either one be the "franchise" QB with the other standing right there? But certainly, those Waterfield/Van Brocklin Rams had great success also.

But I could envision, and would be thrilled, if Goff surpasses them all.

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:It would seem your memory is a bit cloudy.....

Certainly doesn't look or sound like "being in Goff's corner all along". Or am I misreading something?

Oh snap!!!! This is some good work right here. Ever since i joined this board ZN always pretended like he was riding with Goff since Cal times. Lmao...... I had arguments with him in which i sided with Wentz. Damn ZN......... this is not a good look hermano. Lol.

re Goff v Wentz: Wentz is having a better year statistically than last year but where Goff jumps ahead of him (and this isn't some bombshell point) is health and durability.

Another point that i personally gave Wentz props for last year was the 3rd down conversion rate. That isn't there this year.

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Knock on Wood

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:Knock on Wood

I'm at work hacksaw..... jeez.

Oh wait.... :mrgreen2:

by VegasRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   132  
United States of America   Las Vegas
Practice Squad

/zn/ wrote:Yep right guy. If anyone doubts it at this point, they are in an alternative universe.

Well put, although I'd have said "bat shit crazy".

• 3 / 6
54 posts Mar 29 2024