8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Here's this week's special "collage-style" crop!

rc mex.png

And now, the questions...

1. Can you identify the game? Based upon the Ram defender shown, it can only be one of two games. Let's see if the answer will strike your fancy.

2. Numerology... two Rams scored TDs in this game. If you add their jersey numbers, it corresponds to a significant year in Rams vs. Chiefs history. Can you piece that one together?

3. If you're still having trouble with the game in question, here's a clue. The Rams' QB was Madame Ram's man. Who was he, and why did I call him that?

4. Bonus... in the collage, there are two players depicted. Why did I include them in this, of all weeks?

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AvengerRam wrote:Here's this week's special "collage-style" crop!

1. Can you identify the game? Based upon the Ram defender shown, it can only be one of two games. Let's see if the answer will strike your fancy.

Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Rams - November 28th, 1982

2. Numerology... two Rams scored TDs in this game. If you add their jersey numbers, it corresponds to a significant year in Rams vs. Chiefs history. Can you piece that one together?

1973. 1st season the Rams wore their new Blue and Gold (future Ferragamo's) uni's. That was also a strike shortened season.

3. If you're still having trouble with the game in question, here's a clue. The Rams' QB was Madame Ram's man. Who was he, and why did I call him that?

Bert Jones. SI did an cover with that title.
1.jpg

4. Bonus... in the collage, there are two players depicted. Why did I include them in this, of all weeks?

Tough one this week Avenger. I did have to look up the year.

Do you want the name of the Chief too?

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

There's a reason why 1973 is significant in RAM/CHIEFS history...

As for the "two players"... I was referring to the other two in the collage (not from the 1982 game).

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago

The player on the right resembles Elvis Peacock but the player in the 'Waterfield' looks like Isiah Thomas of the Detroit Pistons. So I guess I give.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago

Irsay and Rosenbloom traded teams in '72 so '73 was the first year the Rams were under new ownership ?

Arrowhead opened in '72 ?

AAUGH

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

The answer on 1973 was - first year the Rams played the Chiefs.

The other pics related to the location where the game was supposed to be played: Tom Fears and Frank Corral - both born in Mexico.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 17 2024