5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

NFL still set on Chiefs-Rams game in Mexico City despite field concerns
12:11 AM ET
Adam Schefter
ESPN Senior Writer

The NFL is still determined to play next Monday's game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Rams at Mexico City's Estadio Azteca, league sources told ESPN, despite significant concerns about the poor playing surface.

"We are working closely with the field manager at Azteca Stadium and others to ensure that we have an NFL-quality surface for our game, and we are looking forward to kicking off in Mexico City on Monday night," said NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy.

One source said he still expects the game will be played there. But another source said he thought moving the game to Los Angeles still is an option that will be decided this week.

The issue is that soccer games and concerts have left the field a mess. The teams are aware of the situation, and the NFLPA is concerned and has been monitoring it closely.

NFL officials are expected to convene at the stadium Tuesday in a meeting that was previously scheduled to examine the playing surface and make a final decision about whether the game can and will be played there, sources said. If it is not, the game would be moved to Los Angeles.

The Rams left for Colorado Springs on Monday to train at altitude for a week before traveling to Mexico City.

Not thrilled at the prospect of playing on a field that might make players more susceptible to injury.

by LARams_1963
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

Not thrilled at the prospect of loosing a thousand bucks already spent on going to Mexico City to watch the game. They fucking better not change it.

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

LARams_1963 wrote:Not thrilled at the prospect of loosing a thousand bucks already spent on going to Mexico City to watch the game. They fucking better not change it.

Holy crap. If you used a credit card, you might be able to get some of those charges reversed.

I have a feeling they will play in Mexico, but if not, talk about 2 weeks of unusual distractions our team is having to go through on their quest for the title. The road is/has been much smoother for most everyone else.

BTW, I thought the Rams weren't supposed to play home games on school nights.

by HAL 9000
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

To be honest, I think Mexico City may be more of a home field advantage than LA.

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

LARams_1963 wrote:Not thrilled at the prospect of loosing a thousand bucks already spent on going to Mexico City to watch the game. They fucking better not change it.

I get how you feel. I'm traveling to Michigan to see the Rams play Detroit in a couple of weeks, and I've been dreading the (remote) possibility of flex time change.

Hope it all works out.

by snackdaddy
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9630  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

HAL 9000 wrote:To be honest, I think Mexico City may be more of a home field advantage than LA.

You might have a point. I gotta think a Los Angeles team would have a lot more fans than most other teams. The Raiders had a pretty good showing when they played there.

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Of course Mexicans and native Americans do have some things in common.

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:Of course Mexicans and native Americans do have some things in common.

That there is just smart funny. :D

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

My guess its a concern, but not a game changer. (no pun intended)

The right people can to an amazing job with a sports field in a short period of time.

And when I first read this article I thought of you. You were the first to mobilize and close the deal on this trip. Not exactly an easy one compared to others.

Have fun G-Man! Best to the L-Wife. :)

by LARams_1963
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

SWAdude wrote:My guess its a concern, but not a game changer. (no pun intended)

The right people can to an amazing job with a sports field in a short period of time.

And when I first read this article I thought of you. You were the first to mobilize and close the deal on this trip. Not exactly an easy one compared to others.

Have fun G-Man! Best to the L-Wife. :)
Thanks Brotha! We're gonna miss you guys... If we go that is... :lol2:

• 1 / 12
120 posts Mar 28 2024