60 posts
  • 5 / 6
 by ramsman34
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8463  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Lol. Okay. You internet doctors are funny. Why are fans in a rush to call it.

I wasn't in a rush to call anything. I just have a good amount of experience, sadly, with seeing ACL injuries. I was in a rush to see what everyone thinks McVay/the team will do to adjust for the rest of the season.

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I wasn't in a rush to call anything. I just have a good amount of experience, sadly, with seeing ACL injuries. I was in a rush to see what everyone thinks McVay/the team will do to adjust for the rest of the season.

It didn't take experience. A lot of NFL media and a ton of fans were saying the same thing right after the injury.

by ramsman34
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8463  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Not really sure what either of those lasts two posts mean or if directed my way. Nonetheless, I guess I could have waited another 18 hours to ask the question. Everyone here has stated their opinions. We will see.

It is a very significant loss. I hope and believe the TE's will see an uptick in targets and production. I am actually hoping McVay steadily displays more and more new wrinkles to utilize/get open whichever different receivers are called upon.

by Elvis
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

34 gave us his informed take on the injury all the while acknowledging he could be wrong (though he was pretty sure he wasn't).

I thought he handled it pretty much perfectly and i was glad to have his take on it...

by snackdaddy
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

It sucks not to have all your weapons when you're playing a high flying offense like KC. It sucks not to have them all going into the playoffs. But that is where we're at now. Gotta deal with it. If you're looking for a silver lining it happened early enough to give McVay time to adjust his schemes with what he has.

I noticed a little more involvement with the tight ends lately. That is a good sign. I expect the targets that went Kupps way will be spread out between them, Reynolds and more for Woods. Cooks will remain the deep guy. Although I like giving him the ball on sweeps too. I don't see the timing routes happening with Reynolds. Goff has to have enough of a rapport to trust the receiver.

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Here's an interesting stat...

Kupp was targeted 56 times this year and produced 6 TDs.
Everett/Higbee/Reynolds have been targeted 53 times and have produced 5 TDs.

Having more involvement from three receivers who are 6'3 (Everett and Reynolds) and 6'6 (Higbee) might be help improve the Red Zone numbers (which have been decent, but could be better).

by Elvis
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Speaking of RedZone, the Rams never run the fade, which i think is great, always thought that play was chickenshit, yeah i know if you got Julio Jones or Megatron it can be pretty damn effective but still, never liked that play and just noticed the other day, we never run it...

by rams74
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1460  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Speaking of RedZone, the Rams never run the fade, which i think is great, always thought that play was chickenshit, yeah i know if you got Julio Jones or Megatron it can be pretty damn effective but still, never liked that play and just noticed the other day, we never run it...

I've also noticed that we don't run the fade. And I think we could use a reliable red zone play like that. If the TEs continue to get more looks, maybe they'll develop a reliable fade. Anything that produces touchdowns is fine with me.

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Speaking of RedZone, the Rams never run the fade, which i think is great, always thought that play was chickenshit, yeah i know if you got Julio Jones or Megatron it can be pretty damn effective but still, never liked that play and just noticed the other day, we never run it...

I agree, as its generally a one-option play. I prefer a play in which the QB has 2 or 3 guys he can go to.

• 5 / 6
60 posts Mar 28 2024