Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

next man up

josh reynolds can play

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dick84 wrote:I really love how Everett ran his route for the TD. Violent & sudden.

Indeed. That was a great route. Also Higbee’s adjustment in his TD catch was very impressive. I think bigger and bigger things are coming from both these guys as well as Reynolds.

by WaddyWasWideOpen
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Just cant see the team getting to SB this year. Biggest issue is obviously the Defense which isnt improving. Apart from the inside rush, this D is pretty bad. While the point of the game is to simply score more points than they other guy, this team only wins because the Offense is so good. And now with Kupp gone, the Offense is going to take a big hit. Still hoping they can get the 1 or 2 seed to get a bye and then a home playoff game. One playoff win would be progress, while frustrating at the same time.

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

WaddyWasWideOpen wrote:Just cant see the team getting to SB this year. Biggest issue is obviously the Defense which isnt improving. Apart from the inside rush, this D is pretty bad. While the point of the game is to simply score more points than they other guy, this team only wins because the Offense is so good. And now with Kupp gone, the Offense is going to take a big hit. Still hoping they can get the 1 or 2 seed to get a bye and then a home playoff game. One playoff win would be progress, while frustrating at the same time.

Its a long road to the Super Bowl. You have to be able to absorb losses.

I'm interested to see how the defense will react after the bye.

by PARAM
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

WaddyWasWideOpen wrote:Just cant see the team getting to SB this year. Biggest issue is obviously the Defense which isnt improving. Apart from the inside rush, this D is pretty bad. While the point of the game is to simply score more points than they other guy, this team only wins because the Offense is so good. And now with Kupp gone, the Offense is going to take a big hit. Still hoping they can get the 1 or 2 seed to get a bye and then a home playoff game. One playoff win would be progress, while frustrating at the same time.

Don't get down on the Superbowl. In 2006 the Colts finished last in rushing yards allowed (173 ypg) and they won the SB. Sure they had a great offense that scored 48 TDs and 26 FGs (25.9 PPG) and Peyton Manning at QB. But we have Jared Goff :D and we've scored 36 TDs while kicking 21 FGs. Think we'll score 12 more TDs and kick 5 more FGs in the last 6 games? I think so.

Besides our D may be terrible and terribly inconsistent but they are consistently making plays when we need them to make them most. We've played in 5 close games and we've won them all. Seattle twice, Green Bay, Denver and Minnesota. We've been blown out (late) in one other so maybe we could count that too? Okay 5-1. This defense seems to play bigger the bigger the situation. I don't like it; it gives me agita; but it's all we've got and they do come through when they have to come through.

As far as Cooper Kupp being done for the year, I love the guy and we'll miss him. I just don't think it's going to affect our point scoring ability significantly. The TEs are contributing and Reynolds is a good player. Keep an eye on Hodge too.

• 3 / 6
60 posts Apr 18 2024