60 posts
  • 2 / 6
 by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I have seen a number of ACL tears up close and personal, unfortunately. Not a doctor. But what would you like to bet? Trust me and my arm chair diagnosis. ACL Tear. Done for the season. If I am wrong, I will eat crow and apologize. It sadly, I’m not.

I tore my left ACL in 1992.

A few years ago, I hurt my right knee, and was certain I’d torn my other ACL. Turned out to be a hyperextension (no surgery).

The point is...while you probably will be correct, you don’t know that he tore his ACL.

We’ll likely know by tomorrow.

by ramsman34
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

AvengerRam wrote:I tore my left ACL in 1992.

A few years ago, I hurt my right knee, and was certain I’d torn my other ACL. Turned out to be a hyperextension (no surgery).

The point is...while you probably will be correct, you don’t know that he tore his ACL.

We’ll likely know by tomorrow.

Of course my friend. Just speculation based on a lot of experience. And have had multiple MCL and meniscus tears myself. It the way his knee flexed on his plant and where he grabbed it that sells me on an ACL.

by Indrid Cold
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   861  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Dick84 wrote:We’ll also see more 2 TE sets, for sure.

Highly doubt that. We'll see more Nick Williams before we see a philosophy change.

by Elvis
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Indrid Cold wrote:Highly doubt that. We'll see more Nick Williams before we see a philosophy change.

I think this is probably right, but we’ll see...

by max
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I think this pretty much guarantees Cooper is designated for return from IR. Coach has to trust him more than Hodge.

Cooper is a terrible route runner. He’s a nice ST player. Subpar WR.

by ramsman34
5 years 4 months ago

Indrid Cold wrote:Highly doubt that. We'll see more Nick Williams before we see a philosophy change.

Not with how Everett and Higgs have been playing. That allows McVay to show more wrinkles. No offense to Nick Williams, but he scares NO ONE. Our TE's actually do. I think we see a mix of 11 with Reynolds and 12 with both Higgs and Everett going forward.

by ramsman34
5 years 4 months ago

max wrote:Cooper is a terrible route runner. He’s a nice ST player. Subpar WR.

We will see. He is great on jet sweeps and is great in space. But, I don't think he supplants Reynolds by any stretch. He is just a more trusted option than Williams or Hodge.

by ramsman34
5 years 4 months ago

Dick84 wrote:Very possible.

I don't think so. Not with how the TE's have been coming on. They create way more mismatches and can block better than Williams. Sean can run the same shit out of 12 as he can out of 11, especially if he flexes one of the TE's outside or to the slot.

by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

1. Gurley
2. Cooks
3. Woods
4. Everett
5. Reynolds
6. Higbee
7. Brown
8. Hodge
9. Williams

I will miss Kupp as much as any fan but it's not like McVay is burdened by a lack of playmakers. We're not the Saints where we have to hold tryouts for old, disgruntled WRs.

• 2 / 6
60 posts Mar 28 2024