24 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

So, SC plays tomorrow night at 7:30 PST. That leaves very little time for the field crew to get that turf in shape. I think we will see a lot of footing issues for both teams.

Not too mention, the stupid trojan logos bleeding through the Rams logos.

Stanopolis cannot get built soon enough.

by R4L
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

ramsman34 wrote:So, SC plays tomorrow night at 7:30 PST. That leaves very little time for the field crew to get that turf in shape. I think we will see a lot of footing issues for both teams.

Not too mention, the stupid trojan logos bleeding through the Rams logos.

Stanopolis cannot get built soon enough.

No doubt. And it seems they have no home field advantage there.

by Fire407
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   98  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I’m surprised that the league didn’t put more thought into this. Like maybe having Rams home games when USC is playing away that weekend. Or making USC use water colors that could easily be removed. The game Sunday is the A game on CBS and the whole country will see again how crappy the Coliseum field is. The NFL should be embarrassed.

by Phil
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

As far as the logos go, why don't they just paint the endzone white after the SC game and then paint the Rams logos? Seems weird that they just paint over it without 'priming' it, so-to-speak.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago

Phil wrote:As far as the logos go, why don't they just paint the endzone white after the SC game and then paint the Rams logos? Seems weird that they just paint over it without 'priming' it, so-to-speak.

I assume the field crew focuses on condition more than aesthetic. But, I agree, there has to be a better way to display the NFL and Rams' brand. A multi-billion dollar industry has never looked so cheap and inadequate.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

If I'm not mistaken the only reason it looked so bad last time is because it rained overnight which prevented the grounds crew from (re)prepping the way they usually do. I don't think logo bleeding will be a problem this week. The actual condition of the grass however is another story. The Rams seem to be slipping a lot at home, or maybe I'm just noticing it a lot more than I have in the past.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Sorry not rain, fog, which became heavy moisture and one would think dew....

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Fog, rain, monsoon or a dry Santa Ana condition will never see the Rams helmet logo cover the bottom of the mid field "C" of SC.
But hey, they could still be playing in St Louis, , , :shock2:. So give me any besmirched LA field of grass with a bucket to sit on and you'll find me happy to watch these Rams.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago

Hacksaw wrote:Fog, rain, monsoon or a dry Santa Ana condition will never see the Rams helmet logo cover the bottom of the mid field "C" of SC.
But hey, they could still be playing in St Louis, , , :shock2:. So give me any besmirched LA field of grass with a bucket to sit on and you'll find me happy to watch these Rams.

True, but the NFL has branding issues with that field after SC games. There should be a way to do it right.

• 1 / 3
24 posts Apr 19 2024