52 posts
  • 5 / 6
 by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

per @SWAdude suggestion we've added "other games" to the gameday chat section... also, i wasn't able to participate in the "new chat" debut, how did it work? seems that we had some nice participation....

again, your suggestions are always welcomed!

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Maybe some rules in the chat site is in order.

Like the previous site last night completely was taken over by Evoken/Extremes. Red and I were having a great time and then the troll showed up and started in with his thing. I have him blocked so I didn't see what he was saying but could tell with Reds attempts at getting back on point the dude was again, purposely being disruptive so to as we could not enjoy ourselves. Since it was only us two talking about the Packer/Hawks game we naturally went to private messaging for the most part of the second half.

Its too easy for someone to come up with a new name and come in with their sick minds getting a rise out of being the turd in the punch bowl. I have a couple suggestions as for us to try and keep the site an inviting place for our members to enjoy watching games together.

1) User name must be the same as it is on RFU

2) Avatar must be the same as on RFU

3) Possibly additional moderators for the site to manage some access if that is even possible. (a1 can't always be there)

4) Short leashes. One warning, you are out. (again if that is possible)

There will be more and better ideas out there but I really want this chat to work. But if I am moving to private messaging then it won't work for me at least.

I know blocking is the easy answer for me but for others it may not be and the problem will always exist.

If we can't get a handle on the Discord site I would request the consideration of moving the chat back to the RFU forum for control.

I find it very pathetic that this even exists.

GO RAMS!!!

by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:Maybe some rules in the chat site is in order.

Like the previous site last night completely was taken over by Evoken/Extremes. Red and I were having a great time and then the troll showed up and started in with his thing. I have him blocked so I didn't see what he was saying but could tell with Reds attempts at getting back on point the dude was again, purposely being disruptive so to as we could not enjoy ourselves. Since it was only us two talking about the Packer/Hawks game we naturally went to private messaging for the most part of the second half.

Its too easy for someone to come up with a new name and come in with their sick minds getting a rise out of being the turd in the punch bowl. I have a couple suggestions as for us to try and keep the site an inviting place for our members to enjoy watching games together.

1) User name must be the same as it is on RFU

2) Avatar must be the same as on RFU

3) Possibly additional moderators for the site to manage some access if that is even possible. (a1 can't always be there)

4) Short leashes. One warning, you are out. (again if that is possible)

There will be more and better ideas out there but I really want this chat to work. But if I am moving to private messaging then it won't work for me at least.

I know blocking is the easy answer for me but for others it may not be and the problem will always exist.

If we can't get a handle on the Discord site I would request the consideration of moving the chat back to the RFU forum for control.

I find it very pathetic that this even exists.

GO RAMS!!!

good ideas, i'll add a rules/guidelines section when i get a chance... that said, i'm not that familiar with discord, so maybe those who are can coach users in how to ignore/block other users...

by RedAlice
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

SWA is completely correct.

And after we ended up staying in PM chat, we missed getting to enjoy chatting with Jeffsquad who came in later.

It was quite disruptive the way Extreme came in criticizing Gurley in a game about the Hawks Packers!!!! I tried to get him back on point - you can see the chat.

Chat should not be something that is joined solely to rile others up and bitch about whatever your current pet peeve is to others.

I know in chat we can all get emotional regarding the game (as we have) but that is not purposeful trolling and as far as I’ve seen is temporary emotions that are made up right after with each other.

I’ll look at some of the blocking instructions, but rules would be good.

Otherwise - the other game chat was awesome!!! Made the game way more fun.

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
Pro Bowl

@RedAlice thanks for backing this up.

In Discord under "user-suggestions" I tried to lay out how to "Block" members. I only use a laptop (I do have an embarrassing number of mobile devices just know its easier with the laptop) and couldn't give any advice, if any, on how to get the screen up with member options using a mobile device.

Would you mind when you have time to go for a looksie to see what I have done and add anything you feel will help?

Some of us REALLY enjoy the chat and its too bad some make a HUGE negative out of the experience.

I mean it is down right fun when there the cray crays don't come out. Really only one.

Thanks.

by Elvis
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

That's the weird thing, i don't see Evokem as a chat member or any of his posts in the other game thread. I'm no Discord expert either. Did he delete his posts? His membership?

We will learn on the fly, quickly...

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:That's the weird thing, i don't see Evokem as a chat member or any of his posts in the other game thread. I'm no Discord expert either. Did he delete his posts? His membership?

Yeah I can't see him either. His posts are still with Hawks chat for me. And I can pull up his messages he sent me privately.

What I find strange is the member "Ramsfansince1973" is another one I came up with for experimentation with the site. I deleted the account yet it shows up.

I am at a loss to that side of this thing.

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
Pro Bowl

I did a little research onto the site and I think "Admins" holds the keys to the car.

I think you can set up the site to be selective who joins. And then selective of who gets kicked out.

So the good news is I believe there can be control. I don't know if something needs to be set up or if the site needs a re-boot.

I will continue to investigate.

by RedAlice
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:That's the weird thing, i don't see Evokem as a chat member or any of his posts in the other game thread. I'm no Discord expert either. Did he delete his posts? His membership?

Haha! Yes, he deleted his posts so it looks like i am talking to myself in quick succession. I wasnt.

by Extremes
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   121  
Belarus   LA
Practice Squad

RedAlice wrote:Haha! Yes, he deleted his posts so it looks like i am talking to myself in quick succession. I wasnt.

She wasn't talking to herself. I deleted my posts because I got annoyed. I'm so tired of being accused of "trolling" The conversation went:

I rather see Khadrel Hodge instead of Reynolds, and then I said I'd like to see more John Kelly.

Mind you this is the Seahawks vs Packers (two teams with unknown running backs who are really good and don't demand a giant contract).

I ask: Is Gurley worth the huge contract? The o-line does the majority of the work for him.

She says Stop trolling, then says make it a topic on RFU.

I said "I can't make that a topic there, people will just get personal and I don't want to deal with that".

• 5 / 6
52 posts Mar 29 2024