24 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by PARAM
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

So we get him back for the last 5 games and postseason. Not too bad. So if we're 9-2 or 10-1 at that point in time, we should be good. Hopefully, before then, Dante Fowler is well up to speed and Obo sees some snaps.

by laram
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Not an enviable position to say the least to hang one's hat on the fortunes of a 32 yrs old corner coming off of a wheels injury.

Talib has never relied on athleticism but size and his ability to get his hands on a receiver and play leverage.

Speed and short area quickness is gonna give him fits.

I certainly hope that I'm wrong but I don't see the relief that others see.

We'll see.....

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

by PARAM
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I get the concern, but I do see him coming back and being better than anyone else on the roster.

True.

And I'm pretty sure few are hanging their hat on just Talib. Some are also hanging their hat on an improved outside pass rush. Contributions from Fowler for one and the possibility Obo finds his way onto the field. And our offense can play a huge role in a defensive improvement. Get more efficient in the red zone and give them some decent leads to defend and the proverbial ears can get pinned back.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The D will get smarter..

especially being Wade's

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

laram wrote:Not an enviable position to say the least to hang one's hat on the fortunes of a 32 yrs old corner coming off of a wheels injury.

Talib has never relied on athleticism but size and his ability to get his hands on a receiver and play leverage.

We'll see.....

I always thought if a team is that bad after the loss of one player, maybe they weren't that good to begin with. Packers looked pretty bad when Aaron Rogers went down last season. He's playing every game this season and they have a losing record. Maybe they weren't that good to begin with.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8524  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

PARAM wrote:So we get him back for the last 5 games and postseason. Not too bad. So if we're 9-2 or 10-1 at that point in time, we should be good. Hopefully, before then, Dante Fowler is well up to speed and Obo sees some snaps.

Yep

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago

Dick84 wrote:PLEASE GOD YES.

Seriously... if he comes back and he's 100%? We're good to go. I firmly believe that.

FULLY agree

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago

laram wrote:Not an enviable position to say the least to hang one's hat on the fortunes of a 32 yrs old corner coming off of a wheels injury.

We'll see.....

You answered how to defeat speed and quicks in your first sentence. It's hard to use speed and quicks when you can't get off the LOS. He is a difference maker - don't care about his being 32 at all.

• 1 / 3
24 posts Apr 19 2024