129 posts
  • 13 / 13
 by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Peters just needs to keep his trap shut and play football. Better football. The way he's been playing all season of course they got the matchup they wanted. Who wouldn't?

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Oddly I agree with both sides of this argument, and whether you like Skip, Shannon, or ED, this might be the most intelligent take I've seen on this situation.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8521  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:

Basically, he is being asked to do too much and a lot of that is outside his comfort zone and skill set. Been saying it this entire "slump" He needs to play off so he can read. Unfortunately, that leaves Hill to match up unless they decide to play a shit ton more zone d. It Interesting is his take on not disguising coverages. That seems blatantly foolish to me. Perhaps Wade's time has passed him by?' Talib's return should settle things down in the secondary. Just hope we can out score teams until then or that Wade finds some new tricks in his voluminous bag to help Peters out more.

by bubbaramfan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Expecting Talib to return so he can hold Peters' hand isn't going to change antyhing.

by Haden
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I agree that Wade's schemes are a big part of the problem. He doesn't have shut-down press corners and he can't adapt. The front four are not getting to the QB and he can't adapt by running blitzes. Today, will be an interesting day to see if Wade makes any changes against a rather weak Seahawks offense.

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I noticed how quickly he slowed down and didn't give chase on the Thomas TD. I have to wonder if he was concerned he might aggravate the calf injury by going all out to catch him? I had a calf injury years ago and it bothered me for about 5 years when I played sports. I had to stretch really well to avoid aggravating it. And there were times I did aggravate it. If I was a professional athlete I likely woulda needed surgery to correct it. To this day I can feel it grab a little when I keep my foot flat on the ground and lean forward. Calf injuries are no joke.

by BobCarl
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Zen_Ronin wrote:Skip, Shannon, or ED,
thanks for posting, I enjoyed the video.

I really love the poise and TV personality of Eric Dickerson, and he is always sharply dressed without being flashy.

I can't argue that Peters isn't the right DB for the assignments he is being called on to perform. I am beginning to wonder about two possibilities.

First of all, I think the entire defense should be built around Aaron Donald. And press coverage ... take away the short routes, take away the hot reads, etc ... is the best way to play, this will make the QB stay in the pocket for a half a second or longer.

So #1, did Phillips want Peters in the first place? Maybe Phillips said "no", but he got stuck with Peters anyway. So perhaps this is Phillips way of saying "I told you so".

or ....

#2, perhaps Phillips wants Peters to feel uncomfortable. Maybe Phillips wants Peters to realize his weaknesses, and learn some additional skills. Maybe Phillips is allowing this to happen to make Peters a better player.

whatever happens, hopefully Peters handles this without the meltdowns that he had in college and Kansas City.

• 13 / 13
129 posts Apr 17 2024