11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

add another 1st rounder? why not, the rams already have 13 on the roster if my last count was correct, the more the merrier!

by fletch59
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   114  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I agree but I doubt he clears waivers. I think he has a few productive years left in the tank.

by RedAlice
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Hawk fans excited about this.
Attachments
1B523C33-D3CA-4463-A735-F63EE25318C6.jpeg

by scramsfan
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   228  
Rookie

Do it now Les!

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I just received an email advising me that I’ve been cut by Gruden. That’s weird, as I don’t recall signing with the Raiders.

Anyway... Irvin’s contract may deter teams from claiming him off waivers. I’d take a shot if he clears. Couldn’t hurt.

by dieterbrock
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I just hope he doesn’t re-sign with Seattle

by BobCarl
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:I just hope he doesn’t re-sign with Seattle

it is a very good chance that he will re-sign with Seattle.

Ken Norton jr is his surrogate mother. Irvin only signed with the Raiders to follow KNJ there. He was thinking about retirement after KNJ first left Seattle, but KNJ talked him out of it.

The quitter walked out of practice last year when KNJ was fired by the Raiders. Khalil Mack had to walk out of practice to talk Irvin out of quitting the team.

After the team got blown out by Seattle this year his comment to the press was that he wanted to go home and make babies.

Irvin was one of the six cancers in the Raiders 2017 locker room, unlike Crabtree and King, Irvin was given a "clean slate" by Gruden. They were hoping he would be a team leader and a positive influence in the locker room. He wasn't. There were rumors that he didn't buy into Carr's Christian Positive Thinking mantras.

Though with McVay, Irvin will probably buy into the "we not me" concept.

If someone grabs him off of waivers, they pay his salary. If he clears waivers the Raiders are on the hook for his salary and he also gets to keep any money his new team is willing to pay him.

by phoenixrising
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

I don't believe he will be claimed off waivers. I think he's owed about $7 mil for the rest of the year.

Correction: He's owed 3.7 mil for the rest of the year.

• 1 / 2
11 posts Mar 28 2024