16 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

superstition aside, as in jinxing the guys by even contemplating such a scenario, who do you think the rams could least afford to lose during their 2018 postseason push?

it's such a tough call because gurley is so special, as a ball carrier and as a receiver, but i have to go with goff, and almost by a wide margin... some still think goff is a mcvay cog, and that a lot of qbs would have solid success in his system, but i'm not at all sold on this take, especially when it comes to mannion... in fact if mannion had to cover for goff down the stretch, i see more of a cook/mcgloin covering for carr in 2016 sitch than i do a foles covering for wentz in 2017 sitch.

of course hostetler had just 2 career nfl starts in 4 years as backup under his belt when he took over in week 15 and led the giants to a super bowl win - but the giants had the league's top defense in offensive points allowed that year while their offense finished middle of the pack in scoring ... in fact that giants defense was one for the ages, it currently ranks 13th in fewest offensive points allowed in a season out of the 1,201 defenses that have taken the field since 1978, not sure the rams 2018 defense quite stacks up.

and while no one on the planet could possibly replace gurley, i could actually see brown, kelly and davis combining for a good showing.

by MikeRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   37  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I'll put it this way. Suppose McVay and Snead 's contracts were up after this year. They would be the couple most in demand for teams looking for a new head coach. McVay could negotiate a Grudenesque type contract. Snead could write his own ticket.

Now suppose Goff goes down for the rest of the season. If we were lucky we could win one or two more games and McVay would be just another coach. So the answer is Goff.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

GOFF !

However, with JG but without TG, we wouldn't be close to the same.

We've got that big pair of double G's in our back field who are way more than a handful to stop.

Don't ever want to find out.
>ANTI-JINX<

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I'm really not the superstitious type, but I have to admit that I'm a little uncomfortable answering this question.

I think the answer has to be Goff. I think the Rams' OL and back-up RBs could maintain a credible threat of running the ball in Gurley's absence. I'm not convinced that the Mannion can do the same with the passing game.

Let's hope we never have to find out!

by sloramfan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

cmon A1...

dont even need to study, or do research for that one..

goff..

next question please...

on the bright side, you gave us all a good chuckle this morning, but that one , i dont think is debatable..

go rams

slo

by 69RamFan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Goff,,,

The ball goes through him before it gets to Gurley's hands...

This is why they pay the QBs more money than any one else throughout the league...

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Superstition has nothing to do with it. For every Rams fan trying not to "jinx" the Rams this week there is a 40whiner fan trying not to jinx the 40whiners. Why did Warner choose #13? Doesn't believe in superstition over his faith.

• 1 / 2
16 posts Apr 19 2024