107 posts
  • 1 / 11
 by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

from stats inc:

Jared Goff is the sixth quarterback in the Super Bowl era to start a season 6-0 while averaging over 300 pass yards per game (321.3). The others were Tom Brady in 2015, Peyton Manning in 2013, Aaron Rodgers in 2011, Kurt Warner in 2000 and Joe Montana in 1990.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Yeah aeneas1, I too share your concerns over Goff's performance so far in 2018.
I mean, you wonder....when is the penny gonna drop for this kid? When will the light finally come on? Like...not only is the kid merely just a Systems QB...

....BUT HE WORE GLOVES IN DENVER!!! :o GLOVES!!!!!! :roll2:

You know....I don't wish to go to extremes :? .....but maybe Los Ramos management shudda taken Eric Dickerson's advice a coupla years ago more seriously and started Sean Mannion over this Goff kid. :lol2:

by Extremes
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   121  
Belarus   LA
Practice Squad

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Yeah aeneas1, I too share your concerns over Goff's performance so far in 2018.
I mean, you wonder....when is the penny gonna drop for this kid? When will the light finally come on? Like...not only is the kid merely just a Systems QB...

....BUT HE WORE GLOVES IN DENVER!!! :o GLOVES!!!!!! :roll2:

You know....I don't wish to go to extremes :? .....but maybe Los Ramos management shudda taken Eric Dickerson's advice a coupla years ago more seriously and started Sean Mannion over this Goff kid. :lol2:

First of all, I think Sean Mannion is a joke, and I would have cut him after last preseason.
Why is it that I have to be the bad guy when I point out that Goff is not doing a good job of reading the defense. Take off your rose pedal glasses. And another poster on Ramsrule agrees with me, he said something along the lines of what I've said.. He is also getting shit because you guys have gotten over-sensitive about Goff. But he needs to be reading the defense better than what the fuck he was doing last night. Which brings me to the point.. is Goff handed static reads or what, because given the way the defense is playing, their formation, his first option should go from whatever the fuck was designed by McVay to what the defense is showing presnap. And the reason why I can't get over those sacks and other plays, is that the defense was fucking obvious pre-snap and even made his life easier at times when Cooks corner goes to press him. There was no good reason for him to be looking to the right side of the field at the start of his drop a couple of times. This should be addressed in the QB room. I'm not one bit happy, now all week I have to hear how we are a smash mouth running team when we know that we pass to set up the run, and not the other way around.

Couple of more stills from the Broncos game from Govane(ramsrule poster):

Govane: It's obvious that Goff decided on a progression pre-snap, and that he didn't change his progression to take advantage of the defense. I think it's something he needs to work on. I just believe that what the defense does post-snap should dictate progression instead of being set in stone pre-snap.

Here's another example...

This is on the first FG drive. 2nd and 10 at Broncs 12 yard line. Broncs play cover-3 zone with man coverage on Gurley. 4 rushers against 5 blockers and Goff gets a nice pocket.

So if Goff is reading the safeties, he should know that Cooks seam route would have a good chance for a TD. He just needs to look off the middle safety a bit. Instead, he stays with Gurley for a short gain. What's crazy is he converted on a play like this to Woods a couple of weeks back. Hitting Woods in the seam for a TD after looking off the middle safety.

Makes me wonder that maybe Goff is still not reading the defense and just going with his pre-snap progression.

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Must... resist... desire to respond... with snarky... comments...

Compulsion too... strong...

Extremes wrote:First of all, I think Sean Mannion is a joke, and I would have cut him after last preseason.

Not really relevant, but... okay.

Why is it that I have to be the bad guy when I point out that Goff is not doing a good job of reading the defense.

Your relative lone wolf status on this one probably has something to do with the fact that he has a 110 passer rating, is on a pace to exceed 5,000 passing yards, and hasn't lost.

Take off your rose pedal glasses.

Pedal... petal... whatever.

And another poster on Ramsrule agrees with me, he said something along the lines of what I've said..

So there isn't just one random internet guy posting silly comments about Goff... there are two?!?! Shocking.

He is also getting shit because you guys have gotten over-sensitive about Goff.

Or, because he's wrong.

But he needs to be reading the defense better than what the fuck he was doing last night.

What was Goff doing last night? Playing Madden?

Which brings me to the point..

About time.

is Goff handed static reads or what, because given the way the defense is playing, their formation, his first option should go from whatever the fuck was designed by McVay to what the defense is showing presnap.

He's completing 69.9% of his passes and averaging 9.9 yards per attempt. I don't think you have a point.

And the reason why I can't get over those sacks and other plays, is that the defense was fucking obvious pre-snap and even made his life easier at times when Cooks corner goes to press him.

This may come as a great shock to you, but... apart from your close friends and family members (maybe), nobody cares if you're "over" those sacks.

There was no good reason for him to be looking to the right side of the field at the start of his drop a couple of times. This should be addressed in the QB room.

Maybe it was. I'm betting you were not there.

I'm not one bit happy, now all week I have to hear how we are a smash mouth running team when we know that we pass to set up the run, and not the other way around.

Your happiness aside, what's wrong with being able to do both things well?

Couple of more stills from the Broncos game:

Yeah... not interested.

by Extremes
5 years 5 months ago
Belarus   LA
Practice Squad

AvengerRam wrote:Your relative lone wolf status on this one probably has something to do with the fact that he has a 110 passer rating, is on a pace to exceed 5,000 passing yards, and hasn't lost.

So because of his past performances I have to be delusional like you, and completely ignore him ignoring defenses formations pre-snap and post-snap decision making.
He had 1 Good game(Arizona) , 1 Decent game(Seahawks), 2 Elite games (Chargers,Vikings), 1 bad game(Broncos). And if you really want to do stats

He's completing 69.9% of his passes and averaging 9.9 yards per attempt. I don't think you have a point.

@ DEN
W 23-20 14 28 201 50.0 7.18 44 0 1 28.7 58.8 4 14 3.5 13 0
Sun 10/7
@ SEA
W 33-31 23 32 321 71.9 10.03 31 1 2 76.0 88.2 5 15 3.0 12 0
Thu 9/27
vs MIN
W 38-31 26 33 465 78.8 14.09 70 5 0 95.8 158.3 2 7 3.5 8 0
Sun 9/23
vs LAC
W 35-23 29 36 354 80.6 9.83 53 3 1 89.2 123.8 3 14 4.7 16 0
Sun 9/16
vs ARI
W 34-0 24 32 354 75.0 11.06 57 1 1 77.4 108.1 2 2 1.0 2 0
Mon 9/10
@ OAK
W 33-13 18 33 233 54.5 7.06 30 2 0 74.2 97.

Your happiness aside, what's wrong with being able to do both things well?

I don't have an issue what being able to both run and pass the ball. My issue stems from the fact that Gurley from the 2016 season got a free pass while Goff got completely shitted on by the media and fans. He is the only player that doesn't get the benefit of McVay's scheme when he has a good game.

Yeah... not interested.

Like I give a shit what your interested in.

by Extremes
5 years 5 months ago
Belarus   LA
Practice Squad

Dick84 wrote:The comment on the last fucking still is so fucking stupid that I don’t even know what to say. The deep safety was protecting the part of the field you’re suggesting Goff throw to. He’s breaking when it’s clear Goff is throwing to Gurley.

You are kidding right...... The deep safety shouldn't be able to make a play if Goff throws that ball with velocity down their throat. You can't play the safe game in the redzone, sometimes you have to take chances. He will never be a great QB if he can't take chances. Either way, that coverage dictated that the ball be thrown to Cooks for the Touchdown. He instead took the easy way out, instead of attempting a tight window throw. It's fucking uncharacteristic too, he's thrown a couple of tight window throws this year, now all of a sudden he can't do it against the Broncos? Why the fuck would you defend his decision, we settled for a fucking field goal because of that pussy ass decision. You don't settle for fucking field goals because it requires a tight window throw.

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

mama mia...

in other news, the qbs mentioned by stats inc (first post) were the following ages when they averaged 300+ passing yards per game while going 6-0: brady 38, manning 37, montana 34, warner 29 and rodgers 28... warner and manning's streak stopped at 6-0, brady and montana went 10-0 before their first loss, and rodgers went 13-0... goff? he's going 16-0!

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Hey Extremes,
You are not "the bad guy"....

...but, for long-suffering Rams fans (like moi) who have had to historically watch (and endure) Los Ramos QBs like:
Karl Sweetan, Milt Plum, Keith Null, Kyle Boller, Joe Namath, Bert Jones, Dan Pastorini, Jamie Martin, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Jeff Kemp, Dieter Brock, Steve Dils, Steve Bartkowski, Chris Miller, Jeff Rutledge, Chris Chandler, Mark Rypien, Tony Banks, Steve Bono, Scott Covington, Gus Frerotte, Brock Berlin, Steve Walsh, Kellen Clemens, AJ Feely, Case Keenum, Jeff Smoker, and Sam L'ilAbner Bradford trot out to lead our team.....

well, let's just say that when WINNERS like a Roman Gabriel, Kurt Warner, John Hadl, Jim Everett, Ron Jaworski, Trent Green, Vince Ferragamo, Marc Bulger or a similar talent-level QB is actually on our roster and is actually getting to positively lead us.......
well, let's just say that Ramsnation tends to circle the wagons around those few talented Rams QBs we've ever had, who led us to W's....
and smites the person criticizing our hero of the day.....

....which today is one Jared Goff!! :idea2:

So, you see Extremes, you are NOT "the bad guy"......
you are merely low-hanging fruit for a loyal-to-the-end group of battle-scarred, win-deprived, masochistic Rams fans who thirst to taste champagne from the Lombardi Trophy......

okay, wait...my bad.....up here we drink champagne from the Stanley Cup......

got it!.....yearn to kiss the Lombardi Trophy!!!

Put another way.....you are not "the bad guy".....
you are just selling what nobody else (except Govane) is buying. :idea2:

No harm in kvetching....no foul in following the guys in The Horns! ;)

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:The comment on the last fucking still is so fucking stupid that I don’t even know what to say. The deep safety was protecting the part of the field you’re suggesting Goff throw to. He’s breaking when it’s clear Goff is throwing to Gurley.

Edit to add the stupid fucking comment over Gurley says “not a good chance for a TD”
Well... zero chance for an int... Gurley turns those into TDs at times.. and there was an excellent chance for a 1st down.

i thought his first series of screen grabs/commentary/conclusions in the other thread were embarrassingly bad, now he's doubled down, it's staggering really...

• 1 / 11
107 posts Mar 28 2024