107 posts
  • 5 / 11
 by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Good post on Goff. But I have a completely unsolicited suggestion on this bit. Entirely drop the "happens a bit at RFU" thing where some people respond entirely based on personal issues and the poster' s handle (or their ideas of it). I know you did here, but, I mean always. Give us two a 100 issues and odds are we would agree on a large percentage of them. Doing it that way (respond to the post not the poster) also reduces the "gets in the way" unnecessary hostility that ruins many threads. At the end of the day we're here because we care about and follow the Rams. I always "believe it" when I agree with someone with a good post, no matter who it is.

I agree with posts or I don't. And who the poster is doesn't affect that, at least not for me.
I haven't agreed with many, if any, of your posts so I found it positive to add that bit. You took it negative? Too bad... I guess its just back to disagreeing... Lol

by pmill66
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Goff has been excellent so far this year, however just like every player in every league in every sport, there is room for improvement. Rams turned around the franchise when he was wisely draft in 2016.

by R4L
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:Good post on Goff. But I have a completely unsolicited suggestion on this bit. Entirely drop the "happens a bit at RFU" thing where some people respond entirely based on personal issues and the poster' s handle (or their ideas of it). I know you did here, but, I mean always. Give us two a 100 issues and odds are we would agree on a large percentage of them. Doing it that way (respond to the post not the poster) also reduces the "gets in the way" unnecessary hostility that ruins many threads. At the end of the day we're here because we care about and follow the Rams. I always "believe it" when I agree with someone with a good post, no matter who it is.

U gotta be kidding. You have ruined many posts yourself there zn. When once in a great moon someone agrees with u, you reply with this. Smh

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

GO RAMS !

by /zn/
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:You took it negative?

I don't follow that. I didn't take anything negative.

Shrug. Carry on.

8-)

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2072  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

It would be fantastic to have a QB better than Warner. And we might have one. Time will tell but this is a possibility. By NFL standards Warner was almost an old man in 1999. He basically willed himself into becoming a great QB. I believe Goff has more talent and I also believe that Goff has a tremendous amount of will. If Goff's willpower is even close to being in the same neighborhood as Warner's we are in good shape.

by PARAM
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12186  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I know won-loss records of QBs should be taken with a grain of salt. Is it the team that gives the QB the good or bad W/L record or the QB who gives the team a good or bad W/L record? Almost a chicken/egg thing. Anyway FWIW, after yesterday, Goff is 18-11 as a starter (.621) while Wentz is 20-14 (.588). :D Like I said, grain of salt but interesting just the same.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

If anyone caught the final drive for Philly yesterday, Wentz certainly didn't will them to a win. (The PI call not withstanding) In fact he almost threw the game away with a horrible pass that was almost picked.

by /zn/
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Goff went through a slump last year too.

Games 5-7 (Seattle, Jax, ARZ) he averaged 52.4% completions, 64.3 qb rating, and 6.1 yards per attempt.

This slump is not as bad as that one.

I just think he hits what Vermeil has talked about with the 12 week wall. 6 weeks of camp/preseason + 5-6 games, and, the player’s internal foolball system is fried a bit.

He came out of it spectacularly last year. I assume he will this year too.

• 5 / 11
107 posts Mar 28 2024