114 posts
  • 4 / 12
 by RamsFanSince82
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Reynolds is fine.

Rams WR Josh Reynolds popped up on the injury report Wednesday as limited with a hand injury, but Sean McVay said Thursday that he would be okay to play against the 49ers. Reynolds is expected to start and play a significant role with Cooper Kupp out with a knee sprain. Reynolds suffered the hand injury against the Broncos. "You got to put all the little things on the injury report," McVay said. "But we expect Josh to be good."

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

The players are obviously big fans of the jackets.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Zen_Ronin wrote:They've been on the official Rams/NFL store for a couple weeks. Sold out most sizes almost immediately. I'm hoping for a second wave.

You and me both Zen . And thanks for the heads up!!

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Reynolds is fine.

Rams WR Josh Reynolds popped up on the injury report Wednesday as limited with a hand injury, but Sean McVay said Thursday that he would be okay to play against the 49ers. Reynolds is expected to start and play a significant role with Cooper Kupp out with a knee sprain. Reynolds suffered the hand injury against the Broncos. "You got to put all the little things on the injury report," McVay said. "But we expect Josh to be good."

yeah, during the game reynolds could be seen holding his hand right after a play, i think it was on an incomplete pass, not the pick tho, not sure if he played after that, good to hear that he's a go....

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Los Angeles Rams (-9.5) at San Francisco 49ers
Pick: Los Angeles Rams -9.5
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fan ... 6464cb3f91

Last Sunday, the Green Bay Packers utilized play-action passes to the left side of the field with great success. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers used it to connect with Marquez Valdes-Scantling on the team’s opening play, a 60-yard catch, and again later in the first quarter, a 54-yard gain to tight end Jimmy Graham.

No passer is using play-action more often than Rams quarterback Jared Goff in 2018 (39 percent of plays) and his passer rating on these snaps is 124.4, which includes a 4-to-0 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

zz.jpg

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Did I mention that the Rams are going to win this one 34-17?

Oh... sorry...

SPOILER ALERT

I guess that's supposed to go before the reveal, huh?

Again... sorry.

by TomSlick
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:I'll just note that as awesome as the first part of the season has been, there would be nothing worse than to be defeated by SF. That would almost be worth 2 L's.

No truer words...

Living in the Bay Area, my wife knows the drill...If RAMS lose to niners then she throws out the next day's sports page before I ever see it. Step 2...radio silence for the whole week, talk radio is OK, but no sports talk. Step 3...no watching NFL Network for the whole week (ESPN was eliminated from viewing contention years ago).

If RAMS beat niners then fully engulf myself in all the above.

by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/10/1 ... sean-mcvay

TRANSCRIPT: Los Angeles Rams HC Sean McVay October 19 press conference

Here’s what McBae had to say to the media today.
By 3k@3k_ Oct 19, 2018, 4:51pm CDT

Los Angeles Rams HC Sean McVay
(Opening statement)

”Getting ready to go. Everybody was good to go today, except for (WR) Cooper Kupp, obviously, and he’ll be out for the game. But, everybody else should be good.”

(On if K Greg Zuerlein is ready to go)

”(K Greg) Zuerlein is ready to go. Just modest, (ESPN reporter) Lindsey (Thiry). He was just laid back. He’s in good shape.”

(On if WR Nick Williams will be active this week)

”There’s a chance. So, we’ll see, but he’s gotten up to speed pretty quickly and he might have a chance to be utilized on Sunday.”

(On if G Rodger Saffold III is good to play)

”He’s good, yup.”

(On what happened with Saffold)

”He just got his knee banged up a little bit. He’s had some different things going on just over the course of his career. Certainly, physical. Got rolled up on and we were just smart with him throughout the course of the week. Just talking to him before we got over here, he’s feeling good, he’s ready to go and that makes me feel good.”

(On if not having QB Jimmy Garoppolo changes anything for the team’s preparation)

”It really doesn’t change anything. Certainly, you have a huge amount of respect for what (QB) Jimmy (Garoppolo) can do as a quarterback, but I think (QB) C.J. Beathard has demonstrated that he can certainly move their offense up and down the field, score points. (49ers Head Coach) Kyle (Shanahan) has got a great system that puts players in position to be able to make plays. They’re running the football extremely efficiently. Their runs look exactly like their play-action passes. They’ve got versatile players that they can stretch you in a lot of different ways, specifically out of 21 personnel where they use (FB Kyle) Juszczyk in a variety of ways. Getting (WR Marquise) Goodwin back gives them an extra boost with somebody that’s got that track speed like he does. Then, obviously, (TE George) Kittle has been showing that he’s truly a complete tight end. They’re physical up front. Obviously, you hate to see anybody get injured and Jimmy is a great player, but I think C.J. has also demonstrated that he’s very capable of winning games and being a really good leader for an offense.”

(On if he sees it show up on film that the 49ers have lost some close games and aren’t far away from being in contention)

”Absolutely. Really, when you look it, when you look at the tape, the tape doesn’t lie. Sometimes turnovers and different things like that obviously have a huge result in what the outcome is, but this is a very good football team that’s been in every single game they’ve played. They do a good job of stressing people on all three phases with offense, defense, special teams. Well-coached, guys compete, too. They play hard. So, it’s going to be a great challenge for us.”

(On if that type of team is dangerous because they will get over the hump at some point)

”Yeah, I think you’re on edge every single week in this league, but I think especially just because you respect all these coaches and all the players in this league. But knowing what we know, because of the relationships and the background we have with a lot of people that are in very, very important roles as far as the leadership is concerned, you know what a great coach Kyle (Shanahan) is. He’ll have those guys ready to go. I’ve got a huge amount of respect for (49ers Defensive Coordinator) Robert Saleh and his knowledge of the game. (Special Teams Coordinator) Richard Hightower, like we mentioned earlier. So, you know, really, the guys that are leading their individual groups do a great job. Those guys continue to compete regardless of whatever adversity they’ve gone through. In this league, you can’t afford to take anybody for granted, but when you look at this team especially, you see a very well-coached team on tape. You see good players at every single spot and you see sound systems that give you issues in a variety of ways. Like anything else, they’ve had some unfortunate injuries and they’ve also had some bounces that didn’t go their way, but when you look at this tape, this is a good football team. I don’t care what their record says.”

by RedAlice
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Little bit funny.

When I was out last night, bar tenders and people all around will keep saying how good the Rams are now.

I tend to be quiet about it in casual settings.

Someone says I’m a Rams fan.

So the bar tender looks and kind of snickers. Says: YOU are a Rams fan? Ok, tell me who the Rams running back is.

I looked at him like he was a fucking idiot in full disbelief this was a question.

He goes: see, she doesn’t know.

After getting over my surprise, I say: John Kelly is our 3rd tho I don’t think he’s active and Malcom Brown is our second. If you don’t know our first, well that’s on you.

Tell me the name of the Rams right tackle.

😋

Member I’m in San Diego, not LA.

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Little bit funny.

When I was out last night, bar tenders and people all around will keep saying how good the Rams are now.

I tend to be quiet about it in casual settings.

Someone says I’m a Rams fan.

So the bar tender looks and kind of snickers. Says: YOU are a Rams fan? Ok, tell me who the Rams running back is.

I looked at him like he was a fucking idiot in full disbelief this was a question.

He goes: see, she doesn’t know.

After getting over my surprise, I say: John Kelly is our 3rd tho I don’t think he’s active and Malcom Brown is our second. If you don’t know our first, well that’s on you.

Tell me the name of the Rams right tackle.

😋

Member I’m in San Diego, not LA.

San Diego...

San...Diego...

Oh, yeah...I’ve heard of that town.

Didn’t they used to have a professional football team there?

• 4 / 12
114 posts Mar 28 2024