Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

by actionjack
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3899  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Not surprising to me at all. I think SD in LA is/will be a complete failure. Wait when Rivers retires...

by HAL 9000
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

Spanos needs to suck up his ego, admit he was wrong and move back to SD.

But there are three complications that won't let that happen.

#1 Admit
#2 Wrong
#3 Ego

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I keep calling them the San Diego Chargers, anyway, so they might as well move back.

by 69RamFan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

BuiltRamTough wrote:Is the “battle for LA” over now?

Was there a battle??? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Bad week for the Spanos family. 1st their patriarch now their valuation. Well done on the latter Deano.

Then there's this.

And this,,

Eric Grubman denies that he’s working to take a team back to San Diego
Posted by Mike Florio on September 28, 2018, 8:01 PM EDT
Getty Images

Former NFL executive Eric Grubman had a role in the actual and threatened relocation of multiple franchises. He denies that he’s currently trying, while no longer employed by the league, to move a team back to one of the markets the NFL vacated.

Appearing on the Mighty 1090 in San Diego, Grubman denied a report from Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report that Grubman is trying to move a team back to the former home of the Chargers. That echoes Grubman’s quote to Vincent Bonsignore of the L.A. Daily News, saying it’s “completely and utterly bogus information” having “[z]ero merit.”

Freeman didn’t back off despite the denial: “I feel very confident that what I was told was accurate.
I also feel very strongly about something else I was told,” Freeman said, adding that Grubman has told people he’s involved in trying to take a team to San Diego. “San Diego is NOT off the market for an NFL team.”

San Diego shouldn’t be off the market. It’s a major-league city that simply wasn’t able or willing to finance a new stadium for the Chargers. If the stadium can be privately financed or if the powers-that-be will come up with the funding, San Diego could attract a team from a city where a new stadium is needed and the public money isn’t available.

So which teams would be in play? Basically, any that currently need or that soon will need a new stadium, and that don’t believe public money will be available. If, in the end, ownership will have to pay for its own stadium, building it San Diego may be regarded as preferable to paying for a stadium in the team’s current market.

Me: Could it be the Chargers?

by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Both things work if the team Grubman is considering is the Chargers.

Or you could read the Grubman thing as putting pressure on the Chargers to go back willingly if that's what the league is trying to accomplish...

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

AvengerRam wrote:I keep calling them the San Diego Chargers, anyway, so they might as well move back.

You and everyone else. :lol2:

• 1 / 13
129 posts Mar 29 2024