129 posts
  • 4 / 13
 by jimbobiii
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   39  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

yeah the prices are real for sure.

I was gonna drop my Charger seats, but at 100 dollar fee (basically a 10 dollar surcharge per game in Year 1) - I might grab some upper level seats at the Chargers.

I think the Chargers could find a fanbase if they go cheap on tickets and concessions and try to be the family friendly option.

That said, the complaints about the expensive tickets for StubHub are kinda unfounded considering they only have 100 and 200 level seats, and they can't sell that place out even to Raiders fans.

but that said, Los Angeles hasn't realized the Chargers are one of the best teams in the NFL this year and are gonna be in the conversation until the end. Bummer the Chiefs will block them from hosting a playoff game at StubHub

by pmill66
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
Rookie

The Chargers owe a 650 million relocation fee to other owners. Im sure that money comes out of the national TV contract over several years. Better hire some outstanding marketing people.

by jimbobiii
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   39  
Undrafted Free Agent

pmill66 wrote:The Chargers owe a 650 million relocation fee to other owners. Im sure that money comes out of the national TV contract over several years. Better hire some outstanding marketing people.

shoulda built a stadium in SD with that $$

That said - there's a path here for them on the value / family angle. It's the only path available to them though, but it'd be refreshing in this market, honestly if food / concession and ticket prices were reasonable.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

jimbobiii wrote:shoulda built a stadium in SD with that $$

by JackPMiller
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

Maybe the Chargers are deciding to move to Mexico City or London instead? Just kidding

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9630  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I wonder what was going through Deano's head when he decided to move? Did he take it personal that Stan beat him to LA? Was he trying to stick it to Stan by sharing his stadium? I can't see how he really thought he had a fan base in LA when everyone else knew he didn't.

There are Rams fans in LA and there are Raider fans in LA. Neither are going to switch to the Chargers. Rams fans have their team in town and plenty of Raider fans won't mind taking the 4 or 5 hour trip and make it a Vegas weekend while taking in a game.

• 4 / 13
129 posts Mar 28 2024