10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here are some 22 grabs from the rams @ denver... while watching i had to keep reminding myself that this game didn't end in a complete and thorough ass kicking on the scoreboard - keenum and the broncos looked like an absolute clown show compared to the rams, in fact until the broncos final 3 drives of the game it was an ass kicking, with the rams leading 20-3 and out "yardaging" the donkeys to the tune of about 350 to barely 200 or so... the broncos drives looked like this before their last 3 possessions: punt, punt, field goal, punt, downs, punt and interception.

the rams defense actually played very well before the broncos final 3 drives, often smothering, save for those friggin' deep passes that the rams defense seems intent on giving up at least two or three times a game... and while we all get the purpose of a prevent defense, i.e. the bad guys are gonna pick up yards at the expense of time, it's hard to give a pass to a defense that coughs up 17 points on 15 plays to close out the last 17 minutes of a game.

in no particular order (if you're using a desktop, fullscreen the vids!):

joyner's sack, talk about a motor! awesome!

apparently keenum has never met mr. donald before:

how lucky can a qb get on one play? ebukam gets solid outside pressure and strips keenum - the ball takes one bounce, right back to keenum, who then chucks it in desperation, almost throwing a pick:

everett and goff not on the same page - me? everet has to flow to his right, goff led him well:

pitch and catch, gonna be so much fun watching these guys for years to come:

donkeys don't bite, well covered, and goff smartly doesn't force it:

goff sack - no time to get through reads, tries to climb, saffold gets beat too quickly on the inside:

goff sack - play is to cooks deep left, top of screen, goff tries to look off the safety but he doesn't bite, by the time he looks elsewhere miller, who ran through 3 guys (everett, hav and blythe), is on top of him, whit can't hold his guy any longer either, and no room to climb:

goff sack - goff wants to go deep, solid coverage, has no real chance afterwards as higbee gets steamrolled:

interesting play - saffold pulls right to sell the fake jet to gurley then, according to plan, stops to set up in pass pro - miller isn't fooled and easily gets by saffold , and is on top of goff in a flash, forcing goff to quickly unload off balance to gurley in the far flat:

argh 1 & 2:

reason 1,002,968 why i love this team - gurley beyond outstanding picking up the blitz, full trust by goff who quickly sidesteps the debris and throws a dart into double coverage to woods:

brock thinks he has the angle on mr. gurley, think again:

weird play - goff tries to hit everett on a crossing route but cooks, who is running a shallower crossing route in the opposite direction, underneath everett, jumps in an effort to make a play on the ball, as does his defender, which deflects the pass causing it to be thrown behind everett:

sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the defense, great downfield coverage by the broncos forcing goff to try to hit kupp in the far flat at the last sec... note: vid intentionally pauses for a couple of secs to illustrate the downfield coverage:

after one of goff's sacks, he follows it up with this beautiful pass - mcvay's not kidding when he says nothing phases the kid:

just a great job of run blocking for a big gainer, watch blythe:

rams oline absolutely blows up the broncos on this td run as saffold takes out 2 guys and then looks for a 3rd, watch whit's reaction, ha ha:

the rams oline kicking ass in run blocking again:

silky smooth, goff to cooks for a big gainer:

from a different angle:

some ugly - overly cute in the redzone, a play that was doomed from start to finish, vid intentionally pauses a couple of times:

a disappointingly lazy route by everett, goff expects him to take it inside but everett let's the db box him in, doesn't even try, looks like he flat-out gives up on the route:

a bad break on 3rd down - the rams try to set up a pick on a woods/kupp crossing route but woods, the intended target, gets bumped off his route by kupp's defender, just enough to throw a wrench into the timing - goff probably should have hit him anyway but the adjustment woods had to make most likely didn't help goff gauge woods' speed on the route:

silky smooth again, a big 3rd down pick up, goff throws a perfect dart that a sprinting woods catches in stride:

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Great stuff man

by LFMako
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   69  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Love this stuff.

You can see that Goff is making good reads.

Thanks again for the time and effort!

by max
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Great work, a1.

Disappointing with Everett so far.

I remember Holt saying something about Everett needing to learn what it means to be a pro. Apparently his heads not right for the job. Needs to grow up quickly.

by 69RamFan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Great stuff....

That's one of the reasons why I invested on gamepass…

You get to see better angles other than what you get from your TV...

As some posters stating Goff had a bad game and he sucks....

He can't play in the cold or wearing the glove wasn't good fit for him...

But they don't realize the whole story... unless they view the film.....
:D :D :D

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:That's one of the reasons why I invested on gamepass…

it really is great, isn't it? the new html5 format has had some glitches, but it makes watching the 22 so much better vs past format(s)... in the past the 22 would crash when trying to forward or reverse in large chunks, like from the start of the game to halftime, at least for me, but that's no longer a prob.

what i also really dig is that the 22 angles seem to give a much better feel for qb play, but it's more than the full field view, i.e. seeing what the qb sees, it's also the release and velocity on the ball, the 22 seems to capture it much better than the broadcast.

which leads me to why i've become such a goff homer - watching him throw on the 22 is just amazing, he has such a quick release and can really zip the ball, i swear, the difference between him and keenum throwing the ball on the 22 is staggering.

by R4L
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Thanks for sharing these.

by 69RamFan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:it really is great, isn't it? the new html5 format has had some glitches, but it makes watching the 22 so much better vs past format(s)... in the past the 22 would crash when trying to forward or reverse in large chunks, like from the start of the game to halftime, at least for me, but that's no longer a prob.

what i also really dig is that the 22 angles seem to give a much better feel for qb play, but it's more than the full field view, i.e. seeing what the qb sees, it's also the release and velocity on the ball, the 22 seems to capture it much better than the broadcast.

which leads me to why i've become such a goff homer - watching him throw on the 22 is just amazing, he has such a quick release and can really zip the ball, i swear, the difference between him and keenum throwing the ball on the 22 is staggering.

Exactly,,,,

When I'm watching the game live on TV,,,,

and I see a play whether its a good or bad play,,,,

I say to myself,,, I want to see that on 22... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I'll watch it in slow motion so I can do all my reviews about the game....

Then I'll watch Baldy's vids and learn about what a pro sees that a common joe like myself doesn't see..... so it helps me pick up more things on 22... :D :D :D

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2071  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

What game was this???? Actually looks like the Rams including Goff played at least OK. I will delete the post I am working on to trade Suh, Donald and the next twenty season's #1 picks to the eagles for wentz.

Nice stuff. Appreciated

• 1 / 1
10 posts Mar 28 2024