18 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Ramifornia510
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   Oakland, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

I hardly see any Ram fans in the Bay Area. Wenever I do meet one, they are out here on vacation. I would like to start a Bay Area Ram booster club, if there is any interest out here. And if there is already a club please let me know about it. I would love to join.

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Ramifornia510 wrote:I hardly see any Ram fans in the Bay Area. Wenever I do meet one, they are out here on vacation. I would like to start a Bay Area Ram booster club, if there is any interest out here. And if there is already a club please let me know about it. I would love to join.

it's been my experience that there's lots of rams fans here, in the sf bay area... the last rams @ sf game i went to, opening day in 2016, it was an ocean of rams jerseys and gear, in fact i was a bit ashamed that i didn't do it up more, just a rams cap... of course a chunk of those folks might have made a long drive, taken a flight, but they were at the game in force, and every one i spoke with was from the bay area.

that said, i tried to push rfu at the game, told every rams fan i chatted with about rfu, that they should check it out, that a lot of die hard rams fans frequented the joint, and it was lot of fun - i got the same response from everyone, kind of a blank look, like who in their right mind would log onto the internet in order to talk about the rams in a chat room, it was hysterical, like they had never heard of internet forums before, and that anything beyond scanning espn for sports info was going over the edge, off the deep end, weird niche stuff, ha ha... point is, i don't know how deep their fandom really goes, altho a booster club may be more appealing, more mainstream (i suppose), to the rams fans i spoke with!

by sloramfan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i was at that game a1..

28-0..

and the 9'r fans on the way in were saying that they were'nt that confident, and that we probably would win...

i'm so glad fisher's gone.. and to think i supported him...

go rams

slo

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:i was at that game a1..

28-0..

and the 9'r fans on the way in were saying that they were'nt that confident, and that we probably would win...

i'm so glad fisher's gone.. and to think i supported him...

go rams

slo

chip had been in town a week yet was able to get all-world gabbert and that offense in shape to whip the rams on opening day... meanwhile, back at ranch futile, fisher, in his 5th friggin' year on the job, with a stud qb in civies who he didn't have the wherewithal to get ready to start the season, allows the rams to be completely embarrassed on national television... i swear, if i had a rock in my pocket that night i would have thrown it at him, i was sitting close enough, and it would have been worth the ejection and whatever assault charges they deemed fit.

by TomSlick
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Over here in the South Bay. I believe @snackdaddy is also in the South Bay. Been wearing my RFU shirt at the gym (amongst 7 or 8 niner shirted members). No response from any closeted RAM fans as yet. Previous gym had one RAM fan.

A buddy of mine (Vikes fan) use to go to a South Bay sports bar every Sunday and he said the biggest fandom was that of the RAMS. Time period was Vermeil era.

Really don't see much RAM people anymore. Success may breed some newbs.

by TomSlick
5 years 6 months ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Ramifornia510 wrote:I hardly see any Ram fans in the Bay Area. Wenever I do meet one, they are out here on vacation. I would like to start a Bay Area Ram booster club, if there is any interest out here. And if there is already a club please let me know about it. I would love to join.

Welcome to the board. Can't have too many Bay Area RAMMERS.

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Over here in the South Bay. I believe @snackdaddy is also in the South Bay. Been wearing my RFU shirt at the gym (amongst 7 or 8 niner shirted members). No response from any closeted RAM fans as yet. Previous gym had one RAM fan.

A buddy of mine (Vikes fan) use to go to a South Bay sports bar every Sunday and he said the biggest fandom was that of the RAMS. Time period was Vermeil era.

Really don't see much RAM people anymore. Success may breed some newbs.

I'm not quite a Bay Area guy. I'm a couple hours southeast of the Bay area in the hot valley. Halfway between Modesto and Fresno. Not many Rams fans around here but there are plenty in Fresno. When I go to stores there I see a fair amount of Rams wear. Not so much here. This is mostly 49er/Raider territory. More Raiders than 49ers. Seems like a 2 or 3 to 1 margin.

by TomSlick
5 years 6 months ago
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:I'm not quite a Bay Area guy. I'm a couple hours southeast of the Bay area in the hot valley. Halfway between Modesto and Fresno. Not many Rams fans around here but there are plenty in Fresno. When I go to stores there I see a fair amount of Rams wear. Not so much here. This is mostly 49er/Raider territory. More Raiders than 49ers. Seems like a 2 or 3 to 1 margin.

You'll always be omnipresent to me, Snack.

Yeah, I confused you with another member that is located in the south bay. Can't recall his moniker...memory fadinggggggggggggggggggg.......................

by Ramifornia510
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   Oakland, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

Thanks for the welcomes and the love everybody! That was a good tuff win yesterday.

I didn't think there were many fans out here. I have lived out here for 15yrs and never seen many like I said. I stay loyal to the squad through and through. I was a season ticket holder last year and drove to LA 8 times. It was hard but fun! I was just hoping for some local Ram gatherings up here. I know I miss a lot being so far away.

• 1 / 2
18 posts Apr 19 2024