143 posts
  • 2 / 15
 by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

This why we need to extend him. I know he's only into the 2nd year of a 5 year deal but let's tack on another 5 years already, and extend Snead while we're at it...

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This why we need to extend him. I know he's only into the 2nd year of a 5 year deal but let's tack on another 5 years already, and extend Snead while we're at it...

Amen.
No salary cap on HC or GM contracts

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Takeaway the OL, Goff, WRs and Gurley...and what do you have? A system HC with a hot girlfriend. Overrated, that's McVay.

Every once in awhile, I like to scare myself (mental disorder, no doubt) and wonder how the NFL world would go insane if Stan fired McVay. The money and opportunities offered to McVay would be mind blowing. I figure 20 teams would be in the hunt. We are some fortunate puppies.

There are a lot of teams that would fire their coach on the spot if they thought it would land them McVay. He's got the same odds Belichek has of being fired. Not gonna happen.

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This why we need to extend him. I know he's only into the 2nd year of a 5 year deal but let's tack on another 5 years already, and extend Snead while we're at it...

Hell, a 25 year deal and he'd only be 57 at the end of it. By then I'd be grabbing nurses asses in the old folks home. 8-)

by TomSlick
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

With Stan not only is money not an issue but ego as well. With McVay at the helm lots of success will be coming to the RAMS and Stan is not the type (Hello Jerry Jones) to get his nose out of joint if the accolades go to McVay.

With Georgia, she'd look at her Tarot cards and McVay's fate would be decided one way or another.

by Ramsdude
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

TomSlick wrote:Takeaway the OL, Goff, WRs and Gurley...and what do you have? A system HC with a hot girlfriend. Overrated, that's McVay.

Every once in awhile, I like to scare myself (mental disorder, no doubt) and wonder how the NFL world would go insane if Stan fired McVay. The money and opportunities offered to McVay would be mind blowing. I figure 20 teams would be in the hunt. We are some fortunate puppies.

I'd like to take away his HOT GF........and give her to me! :lol2: He should put her on the staff just so we can look at her on gamedays. Oh wait, that might be a distraction for the players, and fans and announcers. Maybe they shuld put her bikini pics on the jumbo screen during the opponents offensive series!!

by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
Administrator

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181021/na ... like-panic

Nate Ulrich’s Browns analysis: Hue Jackson’s vow to dive into offense smells like panic

Posted Oct 21, 2018 at 9:54 PM

TAMPA — Hue Jackson sounds like a coach who’s feeling immense pressure to win now or watch his time with the Browns expire sooner than later.

He survived a dreadful record of 1-31 the past two seasons and received a mulligan from ownership, but everyone knows the dynamic has changed with General Manager John Dorsey aboard and able to make recommendations to Dee and Jimmy Haslam as he sees fit.

After Chandler Catanzaro’s 59-yard field goal with 1:50 left in overtime gave the Browns a heartbreaking 26-23 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jackson’s vow to dive into the offense because of his disappointment with the way it’s operating under coordinator and play-caller Todd Haley reeked of panic.

“He’s the play caller,” Jackson said of Haley. “Trust me when I say I’m not trying to create any issue here. But I think if the offense is not playing well, and we haven’t over a period of time, being a head coach and an offensive guy who’s done this, I think I have every right as a head coach to jump in and see if I can help and assist and get this thing to where I think it needs to be because we need to be better on offense. And if that’s my specialty, then I need to be involved more, and I will be.”

Jackson ineffectively juggled the roles of head coach and play caller the past two seasons. That’s why he hired Haley in January after the Pittsburgh Steelers declined to renew his contract.

The offense has struggled mightily the past three games, so Jackson has a valid point. At the same time, he’s entering delicate territory with the strong-willed Haley, and the last thing the Browns need right now is a blowup between the two.

“It’s not going to be about butting heads,” Jackson said. “I’m the head coach of the football team. I will do what I feel I need to do to get this team where it needs to be.”

Jackson might not hold that “HC” title for long. Losses at Pittsburgh and at home against the Kansas City Chiefs and Atlanta Falcons would give the Browns (2-4-1) a five-game losing streak entering their Week 11 bye, a prime time for changes.

The furnace under Jackson’s seat appears to be ramping up to full blast, if it’s not already there. The Browns still haven’t won an away game since he was hired in 2016, dropping their 24th consecutive on the road. The Detroit Lions hold the record for the longest road drought at 26 games from 2007-10.

The Browns also fell to 1-2-1 in overtime games this year. Their four OT appearances this season ties a franchise record set in 1989. The NFL record for OT appearances by one team in a season is five, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

Under Jackson, the Browns are now 2-10-1 in games decided by three points or fewer.

by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
Administrator

When i think of Hue Jackson hiring Todd Haley, i can't help but think of Linehan hiring Saunders.

Maybe there are example of where it's worked but if you were brought in as a hotshot coordinator who intends to call his own plays, find yourself failing, and then give up play calling to concentrate on the bigger picture, does that ever work?

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The largest ball of twine is in Cawker City, Kansas. The worlds longest rope is in Cleveland Ohio.

• 2 / 15
143 posts Apr 19 2024