• 1 / 16
 by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp 'doing really well' after suffering concussions
By: Cameron DaSilva | 14 hours ago

1.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams had to play the majority of the game without Brandin Cooks after he suffered a concussion in the second quarter against the Seattle Seahawks. He never returned, but to make matters worse, they also lost another starting wide receiver.

Cooper Kupp suffered a concussion of his own in the second half and was unable to return. Both players were put in the concussion protocol, causing panic among Rams fans everywhere. Cooks’ head injury looked particularly bad as he suffered a nasty helmet-to-helmet hit in the open field, seemingly causing him to lose consciousness as he went to the ground.

The Rams did get some good news on both players after the game, though. Sean McVay provided an update in his postgame press conference:

“They’re doing really well right now. Obviously they’ll be in the protocol, but in terms of the way they checked out, signs are pointing in a positive direction, if that means anything. I know that if you’re still experiencing some of those symptoms, then that’s when you’re starting to get concerned. But those guys feel good and they were able to have normal conversations just seeing them in the locker room,” McVay said. “I know they wanted to come back but ultimately, we want to be smart with those things. Hopefully we’ll get those guys back this week, but nothing more important than being smart about that.”

Both Kupp and Cooks will have to go through the league’s concussion protocol and won’t be able to play until they pass those important tests, but it sounds like they’re doing well in the initial phases of the process.

Kupp had six catches for 90 yards and a touchdown before leaving the game. Josh Reynolds and KhaDarel Hodge replaced him and Cooks at wide receiver next to Robert Woods.

Looking forward to some updates..

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

I still can't believe there wasn't an ejection for the Cooks hit. If there was going to be a fine how far out would that news come?

I hope both are ok and return with the next game. Both have been incredible acquisitions for this team.

That being said, HUGE props to Reynolds and Hodge for stepping up.

HAIL HYDRA!!!

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago

Zen_Ronin wrote:I still can't believe there wasn't an ejection for the Cooks hit. If there was going to be a fine how far out would that news come?

That being said, HUGE props to Reynolds and Hodge for stepping up.

HAIL HYDRA!!!

No kidding. If they are looking at it I'd imagine we'd hear about fines sometime this week. And YES to those 2 stepping up. Obviously it's the system. ;) :? 8-)

by laram
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Don't look now but lil Cooksie has more fumbles than TD's.

He's lucky that there was another foul on the play or that's Seattle's ball the other way.

You know I saw a lot of people complaining about the helmet to helmet hit on Cooks.

Its kinda surprising to me how many people don't realize that the NFL made a clarification weeks ago on the helmet to helmet rule.

The NFL clarified the rule to “inadvertent or incidental contact” made by a player on a hit should not result in a penalty under the rule.

Cooks was not a defenseless receiver and he lowered his head. Cooks is a small dude with a very small strike zone, if his head is not lowered he's hit in the shoulder chest area.

But because he did coil up there was some incidental helmet to helmet contact.

I'm glad that the NFL made that clarification cuz its football and sometimes that cannot be avoided.

They're trying.

On another note I personally thought that was Jared Goff's best performance as a Ram.

There was not a lot of the "shiny" stuff that gets people's attention, just gritty and tough as nails when it mattered.

I was WRONG on him!!

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago

"lil Cooksie"? C'mon. It was also more about the defender leading with his head period. I came around to your take on Peters but now you are just sounding like a hater despite your admission about JG...

by AvengerRam
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

laram wrote:Don't look now but lil Cooksie has more fumbles than TD's.

He's lucky that there was another foul on the play or that's Seattle's ball the other way.

I'm starting to wonder if you're just goofing on us. I truly find it hard to believe that this type of commentary could be serious. If I've misjudged you, and you are serious, allow me to award you this week's "Dumber than a box of rocks take" award:

bor.jpg

You know I saw a lot of people complaining about the helmet to helmet hit on Cooks.

Its kinda surprising to me how many people don't realize that the NFL made a clarification weeks ago on the helmet to helmet rule.

The NFL clarified the rule to “inadvertent or incidental contact” made by a player on a hit should not result in a penalty under the rule.

Cooks was not a defenseless receiver and he lowered his head. Cooks is a small dude with a very small strike zone, if his head is not lowered he's hit in the shoulder chest area.

But because he did coil up there was some incidental helmet to helmet contact.

I'm glad that the NFL made that clarification cuz its football and sometimes that cannot be avoided.

They're trying.

So it was Cooks' fault? Okay.

Don't be surprised if a fine is imposed... and not on Cooks.

On another note I personally thought that was Jared Goff's best performance as a Ram.

There was not a lot of the "shiny" stuff that gets people's attention, just gritty and tough as nails when it mattered.

I was WRONG on him!!

You may want to avoid the Christmas rush and admit you're wrong about Cooks too.

Just saying.

by ramsfan1977
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Horny Mcbae wrote:How clutch was Reynolds btw. Way to step up and make plays.

Whenever you can change personnel and do not have to change the offensive playcalling one bit is amazing. He ran great routes and even the jet-sweep without a hitch. Great job!

by laram
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Hacksaw wrote:"lil Cooksie"? C'mon. It was also more about the defender leading with his head period. I came around to your take on Peters but now you are just sounding like a hater despite your admission about JG...

YES!

He's been hit hard twice and fumbled both times.

So you're actually saying that Cooks lowering his head had nothing to do with it?

Inadvertent helmet to helmet.

• 1 / 16
154 posts Apr 19 2024