134 posts
  • 1 / 14
 by aeneas1
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

the rams have put together 6 td drives through the first two games, and currently rank 6th in td drives as a % of total drives (the rams finished the 2017 season ranked 4th)... here's a look at every pass goff threw during those 6 td drives (all-22 tape) - his combined statline for these 6 td drives:

17 of 18, 237 yards, 3 tds, 0 picks, 94.4% completion rate, 13.2 yards per attempt, a perfect 158.3 qb rating... his only incompletion was a dropped pass by kupp... goff was also 1 for 1 on 2-point conversion passes during these 6 td drives. :shock2:

by max
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Well, according to Frelund, Goff stinks under pressure...

There are a lot of strong positive indicators for the Rams overall, but one situation to monitor is how Goff's passing production changes under pressure. So far this season, he has a 28.6 passer rating under pressure versus a 117.6 passer rating when not under pressure (last season: 61.6 vs 110.1). Think of -20 as how much the rating for top 10 QBs changes on the routes Goff has been targeting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ch-20-team

by snackdaddy
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9712  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Well, according to Frelund, Goff stinks under pressure...

I wonder what their version of pressure is? Because apparently he didn't have any pressure on those TD's drives. Which is amazing if he really didn't.

by aeneas1
5 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Well, according to Frelund, Goff stinks under pressure...

yeah, goff's a real stiff when pressured or blitzed - here's where he ranked in several categories, per pff, after week 16 last year:

jg.jpg

btw, you look at all of those high pff rankings and it makes you wonder why the pff dolts continue to rank goff so low overall, in the above case 17th - it's his completion rate, before and after adjustment (adding drops back in, subtracting throwaways, etc.), they clearly weigh it heavily, too heavily imo.

by HAL 9000
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:
btw, you look at all of those high pff rankings and it makes you wonder why the pff dolts continue to rank goff so low overall

Because its talking head dipshits like Phil Simms son that say it's not Goff it's "McVay" or the "system"

It really is nauseating to listen that shit. At the same time, if it is McVay and the "system", that should bode very well far into the future beyond Goff.

by aeneas1
5 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

HAL 9000 wrote:Because its talking head dipshits like Chris Sims son that say it's not Goff it's "McVay" or the "system"

It really is nauseating to listen that shit. At the same time, if it is McVay and the "system", that should bode very well far into the future beyond Goff.

simms is a different animal, he's his own idiot.

by max
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

It's pretty weird how these sources can be so different.

I have no idea what they are doing. They just spout off number like they are gospel.

I do believe that all of them have a preconceived narrative and they "massage" their numbers to fit their narrative.

It's a lot like politics.

by AvengerRam
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Over 17 regular season starts (2017-18), Goff has a passer rating above 100, his team has averaged 30+ points, and the Rams have a record of 13-4.

If that's due to a "system," then I guess every team should use our "system."

by actionjack
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

There is no doubt that McVay has a good system, but like he said Goff has to make the throws. It would be different if Goff just threw check downs and 5 yard outs like Derek Carr, but Goff throws down field. How about that throw last week to Woods where he put the ball just above the defenders helmet. It is silly to me that Goff doesnt get much cred, but I also dont mind the hype machine staying low. All I know is my football buddies from other teams are impressed with Goff.

by 69RamFan
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   3236  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

actionjack wrote:There is no doubt that McVay has a good system, but like he said Goff has to make the throws. It would be different if Goff just threw check downs and 5 yard outs like Derek Carr, but Goff throws down field. How about that throw last week to Woods where he put the ball just above the defenders helmet. It is silly to me that Goff doesnt get much cred, but I also dont mind the hype machine staying low. All I know is my football buddies from other teams are impressed with Goff.

yeah,,, they are all saying underneath their skin,,,,, I wish we had Goff on our team... with McVay, Sonofabum, Gurley, Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Whitworth, AD, Suh, Talib, Peters, and so on... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

• 1 / 14
134 posts Jun 26 2024