19 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Dickerson does tend to put his foot in his mouth at times. Remember when he said Mannion was the better quarterback not too long ago?

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Wow. There is some angst . Harrah was letting off some steam for certain. It does appear that their retirement is pretty skimpy even by certain real world standards.

I live in Laguna Beach and we pay extra taxes so that our city officials can get a solid retirement. My buddy was head of water quality and gets 90% of his former $100K salary for the rest of his life including health benefits. Same with the tenured firefighters, lifeguard chiefs, building officials, counsel members, police etc. That's 3 times what Harrah makes.

Of course these guys put in 20 to 30+ years where the high paid NFLers retired in their 30's at best. And they were playing a game.

But it's a game that can destroy the quality of life afterward. Mike Webster, Dave Duerson and on and on.
A neuropathologist has examined the brains of 111 N.F.L. players — and 110 were found to have C.T.E., the degenerative disease linked to repeated blows to the head.

So I can see the retired players point. And they didn't play at a time with all the technology or pussified rules.

Dickerson probably feels empowered by his getting Fish fried, err fired, and thinks he can move any mountain. We'll see about that.

What ever is fair should be the outcome so I hope there is some good in all this..

by 69RamFan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Elvis wrote:https://twitter.com/HarrahDennis/status/1042437821938581504

Seems like the older vets are upset with todays money being paid out to players...

It's sad that he feels that way....

I totally understand for retired players to get healthcare....

but being upset on not enough on retirement pay...

and making a statement on how much players are making now....

All I would say is,,, I was just born on the wrong era.... and just move on...

• 2 / 2
19 posts Mar 29 2024