19 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

well i guess it's a good thing that the rams, according to the gang at pff, have a smokin' oline because the same gang at pff apparently thinks the rams offensive skill position players suck, ha ha....

qb? 22 have played better than goff through week 2, good fuckin' grief.
wr? 30 have played better than the rams top guy, cooks, while woods and kupp come in at 38th and 43rd.
rb? well i think we all knew gurley has been middle of the pack so far!

so apparently it's not goff's supporting cast that's been propping him up, carrying him, instead it's been the oline carrying all of the offensive skill position stiffs! who knew?

and how about the rams defense? you know, that nfl unit that currently leads the league in fewest offensive points allowed, most forced punts per drive, most forced 3 and outs per drive, lowest pass td% per pass attempt, second lowest qb rating allowed rate, etc., etc., etc.? well clearly it's been a smoke and mirror job, or the weak competition, or (insert whatever here), anything but the notion that their defensive players have played well.

dline? beyond donald at 10th, 32 dlinemen have played better than brockers, while 40 dlinemen have played better than suh.
corners? 51 have played better than talib, and 85 have played better than nrc, ha fuckin' ha!
safeties? 40 have played better than both joyner and christian, oh my.

VirtualBox_2018-09-18_07-06-11.png

by AvengerRam
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

PFF is a joke.

Their methodology is to assign numerical values to subjective opinions and then pass them off as "statistics."

As @Aeneas1 aptly demonstrates, PFF needs to step back and say... "Wait a second... this team is 2-0 with a +54 point differential. Maybe we need to look at this again because our rankings make no sense."

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

They must be a bunch of PFF's.

by AvengerRam
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I just saw that Brandin Cooks made PFF's "team of the week."

So let me get this straight... he was one of the top 2 WRs in Week 2, but he's #31 on the season? How badly do they think he played against the Raiders (when he had 5 receptions for 87 yards)?

I think Ricky Bobby said it best...

dumb.jpg

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:

ha ha, so did hornsby see our pff thread, realize what a blunder their grades were, and then scramble to make them look a lot more reasonable? snaps counts are the same right now as they were this morning when i pulled all of those low grades, so it's not like the grades i posted were for just one game, but the grades have magically changed, here's an example:

01.jpg

this morning these 3 guys ranked 10th, 33rd and 41st, now they rank 2nd, 11th and 19th? :D gonna check the other guys....btw, from my experience, this wouldn't be the first time pff screwed up on their grades - a couple of years back they had to pull their final year end grades and re-do / re-issue them after i pointed out that they had transposed pass pro and run blocking numbers...

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

- goff moved up from 22 to 18, wow, champagne all around!
- gurley up from 15 tp 12.
- cooks up from 31 to 9.
- woods up from 43 to 16.
- kupp dropped from 38 to 43.
- whit still at 1.
- havenstein dropped from 4 to 6.
- blythe dropped from 1 to 4.
- saffold dropped from 2 to 8.
- sullivan up from 18 to 14.
- peters up from 26 to 7.
- talib up from 52 to 11.
- nrc up from 86 to 47.
- jj up from 26 to 10.
- christian up from 49 to 23.
- joyner up from 42 to 37.
- ebukam down from 60 to 76.
- jfm down from 67 to 80.
- easley down from 17 to 33.
- longacre down from 53 to 61.
- littleton down from 35 to 61.
- wilson up from 88 to 54.

who knows what the rankings will look like at the end of the day?

by 69RamFan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

I was never a big fan of PFF,,,, Maybe I'm too old school..... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I use to laugh at posters on my other site that lived off of that....

They might be a few things that I'll get from PFF,,, and that's only the true stats numbers...… that most stats site have... but their grading system,, I'll take with a grain of salt... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

• 1 / 2
19 posts Mar 29 2024