7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by JackPMiller
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I’m shocked no one talked about this. The guy retired at halftime of the Chargers-Bills game. He just took his uniform off, put on his clothes and left, without telling his Bills teammates. I feel sad for his kids, because they are going to hear over throughout lives, their dad walked out on his team at halftime.

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

It was mentioned in the "Around the NFL" thread.

I don't agree with your comment about him/the situation.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

I'm of 2 minds with this situation. One the one hand, it's pretty shitty to just up and desert your brothers in arms with zero notice. Just a total lack of respect for them and the organization.

BUT...

On the other hand it reminds me a lot of Tyson's last fight. Where he sat down on the stool at the end of a round and just wouldn't (or couldn't) get back up when the bell rang for the next. Dude was broken and defeated, not even physically, but mentally and emotionally. He realized mid fight that he just didn't have it anymore and his heart wasn't in it either. He's said as much since, but he didn't need to, you could see it in his eyes at the time. Was sad as f**k to watch actually.

I think maybe Davis had the same kind of realization. He (and his team) just keep continually getting their asses beat and embarrassed, and he just didn't have the heart to keep fighting. Especially for an organization that really doesn't seem to care much about failure or success or the men putting their minds and bodies at risk on the field every week. I'm not sure I'd want to fight for that team either.

by dieterbrock
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I started reading the OP but got bored half way thru and quit

by JackPMiller
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Zen_Ronin wrote:I'm of 2 minds with this situation. One the one hand, it's pretty shitty to just up and desert your brothers in arms with zero notice. Just a total lack of respect for them and the organization.

BUT...

On the other hand it reminds me a lot of Tyson's last fight. Where he sat down on the stool at the end of a round and just wouldn't (or couldn't) get back up when the bell rang for the next. Dude was broken and defeated, not even physically, but mentally and emotionally. He realized mid fight that he just didn't have it anymore and his heart wasn't in it either. He's said as much since, but he didn't need to, you could see it in his eyes at the time. Was sad as f**k to watch actually.

I think maybe Davis had the same kind of realization. He (and his team) just keep continually getting their asses beat and embarrassed, and he just didn't have the heart to keep fighting. Especially for an organization that really doesn't seem to care much about failure or success or the men putting their minds and bodies at risk on the field every week. I'm not sure I'd want to fight for that team either.

You could have stayed and finished the game, out of respect. Now he always going to be labeled as the guy who quit and walked out on his teammates at halftime. Hard to respect an individual like, and look that.

by ramsman34
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8528  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

dieterbrock wrote:I started reading the OP but got bored half way thru and quit

Well played and hilarious. :D

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

• 1 / 1
7 posts Apr 19 2024