71 posts
  • 1 / 8
 by moklerman
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:TurfShowTimes seems to think so.

I think they're a little out of their fucking minds on this one...

I'm curious how you posted this twitter link? From your PC or your phone? One of the threads I looked at earlier the Tweet worked no problem. But now this one is doing the same thing as before.

As far as Goff, he didn't have a great game and looked a little rusty but with no preseason and new players, it's to be expected. He held the ball a little too long, fumbled, threw behind, over and under to his receivers...just wasn't in midseason form.

I hope he gets in sync with Cooks though on the deep passes. I think Goff has to get used to not being able to out throw him. I think he underthrew Cooks on one deep pass but then overthrew Woods on another. The timing just isn't there yet.

by Elvis
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PC. There are still issues with mobile but we're working on it (well A1 is). We definitely know there's a problem.

As for Goff, maybe not his best game, not a perfect game, but, "Jared Goff played poorly and needed to be carried by his supporting cast, defense and coaching staff?"

That's just whack...

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

TST (and some of the idiots on ESPNLA) makes a lot of stupid comments on a regular basis.

It would've been nice if he connected on a couple of the deep passes, but considering it was the first game of the season, and his first game with Cooks, I thought he played pretty well. He had a 97.2 QB rating (his QB rating last season was 100.5).

by moklerman
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:PC. There are still issues with mobile but we're working on it (well A1 is). We definitely know there's a problem.

As for Goff, maybe not his best game, not a perfect game, but, he played poorly and the team and coaches carried him?

That's just whack...
Weird, I was just going to say that I couldn't see what TST was saying and was just offering my observations. But now the tweet is loading in the original post as well as in the quote in the following post.

Yeah, I wouldn't say Goff was carried as that implies a Dilfer-like comparison. He just had slow start most likely due to not having played live football for almost a year. Don't get me wrong, he made some mistakes and missed some opportunities but few QB's are immune to that. As I said in the chat, if the Rams can play that out of sync and take the Raiders best punches and still cruise to a 20 point win, this team might be in pretty darned good shape.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

I wouldn't use the word poorly, but I would use the word average.

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Poorly is a bad definition.

Goff played well. He didn't make the Carr (crash dummy) mistakes but miss fired on a couple of throws.

Add in the Cooks deep PI's and a couple of drops....he could've had a really great game.

McVay always says they will look at the film and correct the mistakes. They can constantly improve every day and get better.

If the few mistakes Goff made are the only corrections needed, I think the Rams are in a good position! 8-)

by /zn/
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Well if "playing poorly" means throwing 2 TDs v. 0 Ints, I'll take it.

by phoenixrising
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

"Played poorly" is a gross misrepresentation. I could see improvements in Goff's confidence and efficiency in the pocket. He generally made good decisions and got the ball out on time. But he wasn't stressed much. His accuracy was a bit off at times as was his timing with WR's. Not great, but I think an encouraging start all things considere.

• 1 / 8
71 posts Mar 28 2024