71 posts
  • 2 / 8
 by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

tst must have a subscription to pro football focus, and simply grabs their take(s) and presents it as their own...... whatever the case, the pff gang determined that most qbs played better than goff this weekend, who they ranked just a hair above carr's 3 int performance and below a bunch of guys who had mediocre outings at best....

here's how pff ranked qbs for week 1, i threw in the stats info to underscore just how laughable their ranking is - numbers-wise, goff should be ahead of all of the guys i highlighted in blue...

hell, take a look at stafford, who pff had the balls (or lack of smarts) to rank a whopping 10 spots ahead of goff - stafford booked a 47.9 qb rating, threw 4 picks vs 1 td, had a lowly 6.2 yards per attempt avg, and was piss poor on 3rd down passes completed for 1sts... and, oh yeah, he led his team to a whopping 10 offensive points, at home no less - but he played considerably better than goff! :D

VirtualBox_2018-09-11_22-12-37.png

by Indrid Cold
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   861  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

I spent the game getting texts from my son arguing that Keenum is better than Goff. (Told him Jeff Fisher agrees.) So that was fun. He did have a few fair arguments. For example, I do think Goff's success is more attributable to coaching and scheme, than him. Not that I dislike him at all, but he's kind of like Cousins...is he upper tier or just had his talents maximized?

I compared Goff to Eli in one respect: he's never going to be a 65% completion guy. Similarly, he's a downfield thrower (not captain checkdown like so many QBs and Rams QBs we've seen), and Goff avoids the stupid Int stuff. I'm fine with him at the helm. But at the same time, today (emphasizing today) I'm not sure I want to hand him $30M/yr. That decision is a ways off, so he has time to grow and make me a believer. But if you asked me to name the top 10 most talented Rams' players today, I'm not sure he'd make the list. Which is ok, because the top 10 is really f'ing good.

Ok, flame away.

by 69RamFan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

TST are a bunch of loser bloggers thinking that they are some high and mighty insiders,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

To be honest,,, I feel we have the best insider info on this site and another site I belong to without having any reporters passes for getting into the RAMs regular season camp than those tst guys, they're a joke,,, the only thing I use them for,,,are for their twitter feed, to get info that they have linked up for several outside reporters.....

One time, I was reading their prediction on who makes the team... and I was scratching my head,,, and saying to myself, how were they figuring out who will make the team,, they won't even close... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Then I was reading them Grading the team at each position during pre-season,, that was so laughable.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by moklerman
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:tst must have a subscription to pro football focus, and simply grabs their take(s) and presents it as their own...... whatever the case, the pff gang determined that most qbs played better than goff this weekend, who they ranked just a hair above carr's 3 int performance and below a bunch of guys who had mediocre outings at best....

here's how pff ranked qbs for week 1, i threw in the stats info to underscore just how laughable their ranking is - numbers-wise, goff should be ahead of all of the guys i highlighted in blue...

hell, take a look at stafford, who pff had the balls (or lack of smarts) to rank a whopping 10 spots ahead of goff - stafford booked a 47.9 qb rating, threw 4 picks vs 1 td, had a lowly 6.2 yards per attempt avg, and was piss poor on 3rd down passes completed for 1sts... and, oh yeah, he led his team to a whopping 10 offensive points, at home no less - but he played considerably better than goff! :D

VirtualBox_2018-09-11_22-12-37.png
Garrapolo is ranked ahead of Rodgers? What the hell do they value in a QB's performance? Rodgers had more offensive points, more TD, fewer INT, higher TD%, higher YPA and better 3rd down conversion and his team won. Just how do they justify ranking JG higher?

And what the heck is Eli doing at #8?!?

Please punch yourself the next time you're tempted to go to this site! :)

by moklerman
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Good points and bad points, imo. I get some of the criticisms... one thing I think critics drastically undervalue is his lack of turnovers. He got lucky with that last night.. but last year? He really took care of the ball. It matters in the big picture.
And.. he's *the* most important Ram. I don't know what to do with most talented... but he's the most important.
I still don't think as highly of Goff as some others when it comes to how important or irreplaceable he is but I do keep in mind that he's only 14 years old. Or whatever. By next year, he may very well start completing 65% of his passes if he continues to grow and become fluent within McVay's offense. It took Peyton Manning until year 5 before he was completing 65% of his passes so it does take some time. If the Rams can keep this core together for a few years and truly establish a sustainable system, Goff's completion % should rise accordingly.

by AvengerRam
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Those PFF rankings are downright embarrassing. You’d think someone would say... “wait...we can’t publish this nonsense!”

by BobCarl
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

69RamFan wrote: TST are a bunch of loser bloggers thinking that they are some high and mighty insiders,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

We have to take with a grain of salt, the average Football IQ level of their audience.

That level of readers bases their judgments of players upon the Fantasy-Points that were generated. If your fantasy team didn't win with Goff, and another QB generated a LOT more points ... all of this translates into Goff having played poorly.

TST writers supplies their readers with clichés and stolen sound bytes to "explain" what went wrong. Their readers are fully armed with talking material so that they can pretend to be intelligent when they cross paths with a co-worker at the water cooler.

There are a lot of great things that Goff did last Monday that can't be qualified with fantasy points.

I don't play fantasy football, therefore the toilet paper in my house has a greater value than TST's articles.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

The Rams has like 8 mins of top in the 1st half. And Goff had a couple of PI that obviously doesn’t show in his stats
He threw for about 170 yards in the 2nd half. Hardly a poor showing. Amy other qb does the same and they are a hero

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Baby faced Jared lost all his games with Fish and suddenly got good under McV. The contrast will always leave open the notion that he is a product of the system and coach. I doubt that ever goes away until he is winning with a different coach (which I don't want to see) or he starts imitating Aaron Rodgers and pulls games out of his hat.

The shiny new LA Rams in their #2 TV market with all the sunny weather, their super stadium and rich powerful owner must make others hate. The team has been crappy for a long time so the team disrespect seems to be lingering as well. But once it becomes popular to like the Rams all will be forgotten. At least by those who don't hold that false grudge that we are buying a championship , , which is another reason the Rams / Goff don't get the love.

Opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone's got one but that doesn't make it outstanding.

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Indrid Cold wrote:I spent the game getting texts from my son arguing that Keenum is better than Goff. (Told him Jeff Fisher agrees.) So that was fun. He did have a few fair arguments. For example, I do think Goff's success is more attributable to coaching and scheme, than him. Not that I dislike him at all, but he's kind of like Cousins...is he upper tier or just had his talents maximized?

I compared Goff to Eli in one respect: he's never going to be a 65% completion guy. Similarly, he's a downfield thrower (not captain checkdown like so many QBs and Rams QBs we've seen), and Goff avoids the stupid Int stuff. I'm fine with him at the helm. But at the same time, today (emphasizing today) I'm not sure I want to hand him $30M/yr. That decision is a ways off, so he has time to grow and make me a believer. But if you asked me to name the top 10 most talented Rams' players today, I'm not sure he'd make the list. Which is ok, because the top 10 is really f'ing good.

Ok, flame away.

just can't jump on this wagon, the kid is talented and a gamer... sure, like any qb in a good system goff is benefiting from a smart x/o guy, but i just don't see him as little more than a game manager working within a great system, the guy makes plays and continues to get better... hell, looking at 23-year-old starting qbs since 1990 ( almost 30 years) who started at least 10 games, only 1 posted a higher qb rating than goff did last year, in fact his rating was higher than the likes of p.manning, m.ryan, d.brees, b.favre, c.newton, b.roethlisberger, and a.luck to name a few, when they were starters at 23-years-old...

btw, no doubt goff would have had a lot more yardage and kudos had cooks not been mugged on those two pi plays, but woods also cost him big yardage when he slowed up on a very deep ball, that was on the money, he seemed to misjudge it...

• 2 / 8
71 posts Mar 29 2024