28 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by laram
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I was embarrassed for him last night.

He looked good in the first half because the game was close, there wasn't a sense of urgency and he could stick with the gameplan.

But in the second half having to play from behind, the wheels came off.

Gameplan essentially had to be scrapped and they needed to stretch the field with deeper drops and routes.

I never like to say this about a professional athlete but Derek Carr played scared in the pocket.

He wasn't giving longer routes time to develop, he wasn't using his legs to buy time and allow for any broken plays, and frankly gave up on some plays by just unloading the ball.

I saw the same thing Sunday from JimmyG who is obviously trying to stay pretty.

Man when he is in the face of a rush he will turn his body parallel to the los and unload the ball. Very similar to what Eli Manning has been doing for the last several years.

Very few guys left like Kurt Warner who would stare down the barrel head.

Its really a disturbing trend for ME, but I digress.

Rams can thank Derek Carr and the schedule makers for last night.

It was not an impressive Monday Night win...but we'll take it!

Redzone IS a problem. Groan

by Haden
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

A little rusty but the Rams picked up steam nice. I agree that Carr is shell-shocked. He has never overcome that leg injury.

by Claremontram
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
Rookie

Anyone know what Raider fans are saying about last night's game? I like to feel their pain. :)

by Mr. Sparkle
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/forumdi ... ders-Forum

Honestly, I think Raiders are going to be okay. Hard to game plan against a new coach and that bought them that first drive and stop on D. Then it turned into real football again.

Now to start reading on AZ forums...

by BobCarl
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

Claremontram wrote:Anyone know what Raider fans are saying about last night's game? I like to feel their pain. :)
many, many many Raiders fans are saying that they played against the best defense in the NFL

by BobCarl
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

laram wrote:I was embarrassed for him last night.
. People said the same shit about Rich Gannon's first game with Gruden.. Gannon threw 15 of 31 for 233 yards, an INT and no TDs

by dieterbrock
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

My takeaways regarding the Raiders
1) They are (woulda been) serious threat to win AFC if Mack is on team, still shaking my head
2) Forget doubting Carr, what the heck happened to Amari Cooper???
3) I've always been a believer in Jared Cook, and am not surprised with his game. *ducks*
4) I will be reminded of #3 next week when Cook drops 3 passes and ends up with 1 catch for 6 yards
5) The NFL is better with Gruden on the sidelines. Im glad we got them early because he will figure it out

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Claremontram wrote:Anyone know what Raider fans are saying about last night's game? I like to feel their pain. :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8518&p=129182#p129182
POST #133

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:5) The NFL is better with Gruden on the sidelines. Im glad we got them early because he will figure it out

Absolutely. His joy and enthusiasm for the game is wonderful to see. Plus his personality is fun too. He's a smart dude and apparently works like crazy so he will improve that team in a season or two. Football is definitely better with him on the sidelines.

Having said that......... Letting Mack walk was a disaster.

• 1 / 3
28 posts Apr 19 2024