28 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by actionjack
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3899  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

laram wrote:I was embarrassed for him last night.

He looked good in the first half because the game was close, there wasn't a sense of urgency and he could stick with the gameplan.

But in the second half having to play from behind, the wheels came off.

Gameplan essentially had to be scrapped and they needed to stretch the field with deeper drops and routes.

I never like to say this about a professional athlete but Derek Carr played scared in the pocket.

He wasn't giving longer routes time to develop, he wasn't using his legs to buy time and allow for any broken plays, and frankly gave up on some plays by just unloading the ball.

I saw the same thing Sunday from JimmyG who is obviously trying to stay pretty.

Man when he is in the face of a rush he will turn his body parallel to the los and unload the ball. Very similar to what Eli Manning has been doing for the last several years.

Very few guys left like Kurt Warner who would stare down the barrel head.

Its really a disturbing trend for ME, but I digress.

Rams can thank Derek Carr and the schedule makers for last night.

It was not an impressive Monday Night win...but we'll take it!

Redzone IS a problem. Groan

Do we care about the Raiders plight?? I loved sticking to the the Faders last night. The game went exactly how I thought it would. Rams looked rusty in first half and Faders had the emotion going, second half defense took over and offense got into nice flow.

I live near the bay area so I got to listen to tons of Raider fan reaction in morning talk radio.
In summary most are very concerned about Carr and is happy feet in the pocket. Many believe they paid the wrong guy. Most are giving Gruden a chance but still arent happy with how they looked.

by BobCarl
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:

deal is done

it is something about a full guarantee if he had been under contract for the 1st game .... the way I understand it is there is some issues with a missed drug test, and the NFL not being 100% on doing their legal due diligence when the reinstated Bryant.

A suspension / appeal / arbitration / federal court case could take place. Raiders just covering their ass in not having to guarantee him a full year's salary if he does get suspended.

by BobCarl
5 years 6 months ago
Superstar

actionjack wrote:Do we care about the Raiders plight??
I'm one of many on this board that does. I will be pulling for the Rams to be playing on Feb 3rd.

There are many others here that root for the Raiders when they are not playing the Rams.

How many Rams fans will be rooting for the Raiders to lose this season when they play the 9ers, the Cardinals, and the Seahawks?

by BobCarl
5 years 6 months ago
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:1) They are (woulda been) serious threat to win AFC if Mack is on team, still shaking my head
"threat" is only as physically strong as the paper used for the game plan.

2) Forget doubting Carr, what the heck happened to Amari Cooper???
Amari needs 3.1 seconds to torch a pro-bowl caliber DB ... sadly for Carr, if he didn't let the pass go in under 2.5 seconds then Donald would break his legs. Both Amari Cooper and Jordy Nelson were covered by a pro-bowl CBs and most often with help from a safety. Phillips defensive schemes took Gruden's best chess pieces off of the board.

3) I've always been a believer in Jared Cook, and am not surprised with his game. *ducks*
See Elvis' post. This was Cook's superbowl.
4) I will be reminded of #3 next week when Cook drops 3 passes and ends up with 1 catch for 6 yards
don't need to wait until next week ... go back and watch the video of the "interception" .. Cook stopped, instead of continuing to run his route. If Cook would have run his route like it was called, then there would have been no INT.

So FUCK Cook. How long will it be before he throws a punch at Derek Carr on the sideline?

5) Im glad we got them early because he will figure it out
Early? Aren't these two teams scheduled to play each other on February 3rd?

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Claremontram wrote:Anyone know what Raider fans are saying about last night's game? I like to feel their pain. :)

Quite a few were dismal about their team. There were a few who felt it wasn't such a bad loss because the Rams are a legit Superbowl team.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Another thing on Carr, and it’s strictly my opinion, I never thought he was all that great in the 1st place. He and the team had that magical run in 2016 but I kind of liken him to Blake Bortles. May be serviceable but not a franchise qb

by laram
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   444  
Starter

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... fter-2018/

Some Rams players reportedly said Carr was "scared" to "take shots" from them while playing on Monday. Carr became just the third quarterback since 2015 with 300+ passing yards, zero touchdowns and three interceptions in a game with his performance on Monday.

The eyes don't lie. 8-)

by moklerman
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I don't think Carr is long for the Raiders. Gruden is a QB killer for the most part and the Raiders seem more interested in building for the future right now and it wouldn't surprise me if they chose getting out from under his contract over waiting out his development. Plus, he's not actually Gruden's guy. Gruden may have talked up fixing Carr but I'm not really sure that they're a match.

Won't be surprised at all if they use some of that Mack collateral to draft a QB next year.

• 2 / 3
28 posts Mar 29 2024